Old project becomes a new project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old project becomes a new project

Three, maybe four, or so years ago I started a headache rack for a bud's truck. One of my few character flaws involves an attention disorder. I might start something and then when something else becomes more interesting, well, one something eventually suffers.

The original concept was a headache rack with back up lights, stop/tail lights, and a cargo light. To make it interesting well, check it out.
    life is good

This is JD. He's attending a welding class at night in Dallas. He got a new hood for Christmas and wanted to show me how good he looked in it.

So I drug out the old headache rack and we're going to finish it for bud. What we're going to do now is add cane leaves and cat tails to the middle and also a couple of cat tails to the top for containment purposes.

The whole thing will be sandblasted. Then my buds over at Quality Powder Coating will color it white. Then either I'll use automotive paint or the boys and girls at Quality will color the leaves and duck head green. The duck bill will be yellow. They cat tails will be brown.

So I started forging cat tails and JD started hot glue gunning the stuff together.
    life is good

Comment

It'll be a couple of days before I have it ready for Quality to do their thing.

Like I told JD, "it'll be the only one on the east side of Dallas."
      life is good

Comment

Cool and JD is a smart kid...hanging around you to learn the trade,nothing like hands on in a shop.Some stuff you can't learn in school.

Comment

is it just a duck head or is it the ducks unlimited logo? ether way its pretty cool
          Dylan

Comment

Working...
          X