Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Handi-Bend Project...

Hey guys,
    Here is the post on microzones' forum for the Handi-Bend I made that some of you may find an interesting project. I listed the material sizes I used, but you can increase or decrease the sizes for the size unit you need. Thanks.... Denny

http://microzone.us/weldingforum/ind...ic,1046.0.html
    Complete weld/mach./fab shop
    Mobile unit

"A man's word is his honor...without honor, there is nothing."

"Words are like bullets.... once they leave your muzzle, you cannot get them back."

"I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the American Flag & the US Constitution."

I guess that you can't see the pics unless you're a member.

Comment

Excellent work, Yorkiepup!

Comment

Originally posted by greywynd View Post
        I guess that you can't see the pics unless you're a member.
        I guess not. I see no pics either.
        Jim

Miller MM 210
        Miller Dialarc 250P
        Airco 225 engine driven
        Victor O/A
        Lots of other tools and always wanting more

Comment

Hey guys,
          Sorry about the lack of seeing the pics. I'll post them here & it will take (6) posts to finish, so please give me some time to get them all on. Thanks.... Denny

Group 1:
          Mobile unit

"Words are like bullets.... once they leave your muzzle, you cannot get them back."

"I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the American Flag & the US Constitution."

Comment

Group 2: Hang on....
            Mobile unit

Comment

Group 3: Getting there....
              Mobile unit

Comment

Group 4: More coming....
                Mobile unit

Comment

Group 5: Just got a server notice... hope I can get them all on....
                  Mobile unit

Comment

Group 6: Last ones.... Thanks..... Denny
                    Mobile unit

Comment

Looks good... It's one of the projects on my todo list...

Al...

Comment

I need a press first

Looks good! Thanks for reposting the pictures here.

Not sure if you're aware, but if you were to relieve the bottom of the 'v' block, you could make some of your bends in thinner materials sharper. Another trick for repeat projects is to make a spacer that the frame of the jig/press bottoms out on at the correct spot. (They do take some fiddling to get the first time, but are great after that.)

Though...hmmm...for lighter stuff, there's no reason an arbor press wouldn't work with one of these. I just have to go get my arbor press one of these days, it's at a friends place.
                        Last edited by greywynd; 12-29-2008, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Hey greywynd,
                          Thanks & you are most welcome. Yes, I have another block ready to do just that(relieve) and almost finished with the accessories. I have an adjustable slide for the front to maintain squareness, an adjustable depth stop for the back, and a 2" travel dial indicator that will set downward travel for different angles with a stop bolt assembly. I'll post the additions when completed. Ran into a couple of lucrative contracts for brackets and they are small("L" @ 6.5 X 2.5"), but the order will be for 1500 initially. Today, I shipped the first 2 prototypes that were in pic #26. There are 7 different variations needed, so, I'll wait to see if they accept the prototypes. ....Denny
                          Mobile unit

Comment

I think I have a good eye for good work........you have done well.
                            Nick
                            Syncrowave 200 Tig
                            Century 50 Amp Plasma
                            2- O/A outfits
                            Spot welder
                            Jet Lathe and Mill
                            Jet 7x12 horiz/vert bandsaw
                            DeWalt Multi Cutter Metal Saw
                            Electric Hydraulic vertical press
                            CNC 60"x60" Plasma/Router table
                            www.nixstuff.com
                            www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ

Comment

Hey guys,
                              Here is an add-on to the handi-bend I made to maintain square alignment. I simply took a 6" pc. of 1" X 1" angle, cut 1" from one side, notched other side(this will be back leg) w/cutoff wheel & bent to 90*. Then welded the notch, cut another piece to 1.5" L, clamped w/ 1/2" spacer & welded as this will be the front leg. Then drill front leg w/#7 drill & tap w/1/4 X 20tpi tap for locking bolt. This accessory is for use on the handi-bend WITHOUT the "V" block. When finished, I will post the modification piece that will be used to square material WITH the "V" block. And there will be the last add-on that is a depth stop that will mount on the rear of the handi-bend to adjust for length. Here are the pics of the 1st piece & the photos are kinda self-explanatory. Hope this helps you or provide you an idea for your own setup..... Denny
                              Mobile unit

Comment

Working...
                              X