Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cole Drill

Has anyone built their own version of a Cole Drill

Easier to just buy a decent one off of eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cole-Tool-Mfg-No...1%7C240%3A1318

This one is missing the "V" block at the base for drilling round stock, but otherwise looks to be in good condition.
    Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyoming View Post
      Easier to just buy a decent one off of eBay
      No doubt easier, but with the the exchange rate + shipping it could be very
      costly.

Comment

I don't know your location as it isn't filled in, but if you by chance are Canadian there is a current manufacturer of these drills up in the Great White North.
        Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyoming View Post
          there is a current manufacturer of these drills up in the Great White North.
          I am in Australia, Would appreciate the name & address of the Canadian
          manufacturer if possible.

Comment

Spent 30 minutes delving into the Web trying to find the link for those Canadian Cole style drills and nothing came up. Its out there, but I don't remember where I found it previously...maybe on one of the blacksmithing sites. I will tell you that a brand spanking new Cole style drill made in Canada will astound you as far as the price goes...it wasn't cheap.

Comment

R W
              I'll Pm you and see if I can't aid and assist that way.

Comment

Sent a return PM, hope it gets through OK.

Comment

Working...
                X