Flux Core Beads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flux Core Beads

Here are some pics of two beads I layed with a 125 amp machine using .035 flux core wire. The stock is a piece of 1/4"X2" flat stock and a piece of 1/2" square stock. It is a hook that I use to hang my turbo torch and hose. These welds were cleaned up with a wire wheel. Notice the minimal amount of spatter. This first one is a single pass. Trust me when I tell ya, it ain't coming apart.
    Last edited by Arbo; 10-16-2002, 05:38 PM.
    Arbo & Thor (The Junkyard Dog)
    The Next Loud Noise You Hear Is Me!

Second Pass

This is the opposite side of the same joint. I layed a second pass on this side, just for display purposes. I just did this up tonight, because I wanted to show some examples.

Comment

Re: Second Pass

Originally posted by Arbo
      This is the opposite side of the same joint. I layed a second pass on this side, just for display purposes. I just did this up tonight, because I wanted to show some examples.
      Looks good, Arbo....what position?

Comment

Rocky

These were done Horizontal

Comment

Arbo,

Thanks for the examples of welds done with flux cored wire. I know some of the limitations of it compared to using solid wire/gas combo, but love the convience of flux core. I will be doing some more practice this weekend, and will try to put some samples online. I use a wire brush on the welds also, and they look great.
          Thanks
          Gary Wolboldt

Comment

flux core

I've got a Miller Pipepro 304 on my rig but keep my HH on the floor in the cab for quick and easy little jobs. Also my brother-inlaw who had never welded before wanted something for the farm and so I got him a little flux core machine and within an hour he was fixing a brushhog that had been broke for a year.

Comment

HAHA.......AIN'T IT ALL JUST CONVENIENT................ROCK[email protected]

Comment

Flux core

i have a HH135 with 035 flux core in it,,and it is the handyest tool i have,,,,,gotta love the way it welds thru Galvie
                http://www.youtube.com/jimcaf57

Comment

A BIT OF THE SPRAY TRANSFER VARIETY [3/8" PLATE]....

NOW thats NOT COMING APART!

Comment

HI FIXXXXAH......AH YEP LOOKS LIKE SHE IS GOING TO STAY STUCK TOGETHER TO ME........... I WOULD SAY IT LOOKS LIKE A GOOD WELD WITH FLUX-CORED TO ME.................. ROCK
                    [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                    X