Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boykjo
    replied
    Untested pipe is piping not rated for pressure. It is used in handrails, roll bars, frames ect. It has a seem inside the pipe where black pipe is smooth. Untested usually come in schedule 40. Your local metal supplier should carry it.
    Last edited by boykjo; 12-18-2007, 07:20 PM. Reason: n/a

Leave a comment:

• tigster
    replied
    thanks for the instructions. i am familiar with black pipe, but what is "untested pipe" and where can it be purchased? thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• 84ZMike
    replied
    Thanks.....I'll have to try that with my copy of my father-in-laws Holand Grill..... mine will be a bit bigger.....
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• boykjo
    replied
    U can T and U your pipe burners. heres one that is teed

Leave a comment:

• boykjo
    replied
    (pic#5) With a sawsall Start your first cut 4 inches away from the gas mixer or however far down the pipe you want to start as long as its no less than 4 inches and cut every 1 1/2 inches as far as u can go. Stop the cut into the pipe when a 1/4 inch of the blade is at the top and continue to your next cut. as u can see i wasnt paying attension and had to weld shut the first two cuts.

(pic#6,7 and 8) With the end cap and gas mixer installed on each end connect regulator and position the slots underneath. connect tank and light.

This pipe burner cost me $85.00. I dropped my digital camera and broke the lens. Went to best buy and bought another one to finish the pics. It normally cost around $20

good luck

completed instructions
    Last edited by boykjo; 02-17-2010, 07:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X