No announcement yet.

pipe burner build instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This has been a helpful post. But, I have a question. I have built a pipe burner for my BBQ/smoker, it has about 24” of flame length. I have a regulator from an older gas grill, (propane), I built a 2”-1” venturi from a bell reducer. My pipe is Ø1” black pipe. I drilled holes slightly larger than 1/16, as I was breaking too many, and switched to a different style of bit. The holes are 3/8” to ½” apart, 2 rows.
    My question has to do with the length of the flames. I have nice blue flames, but they are only about 1” long. Is my orifice to small, or to large? It is drilled at a #54 (.055”). Do I need to make it bigger or smaller so I can get a longer flame?
    Thanks for any input/help on this.

Comment

• i apologize in advance for resurrecting this post from the dead, I have read all 12 pages and have been trying to view the pictures from the original post but they are not visible. I am a brand new member, this is my first post. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Edclay View Post
        i apologize in advance for resurrecting this post from the dead, I have read all 12 pages and have been trying to view the pictures from the original post but they are not visible. I am a brand new member, this is my first post. Thanks!
        This is a problem, since many posters post to their own photo sites. rather than the thread, which often makes information useless in a short period of time. Perhaps someone else that built can help you, or even the original poster, if you pm him,

Comment

• He hasn’t posted on the site since January 2016, but I will send a pm to him. It makes sense reading the instructions, but as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words! Thank you for your reply to this zombie thread, I have a large trailer pit that burn wood and or charcoal but I am trying to add exactly what this thread is describing. Anyone else that has pictures of their pipe burner please post them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edclay View Post
            He hasn’t posted on the site since January 2016, but I will send a pm to him. It makes sense reading the instructions, but as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words! Thank you for your reply to this zombie thread, I have a large trailer pit that burn wood and or charcoal but I am trying to add exactly what this thread is describing. Anyone else that has pictures of their pipe burner please post them.
            Many come, get what they want. and go. That's what an open forum is all about.

Comment

Working...
            X