Bonsai Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonsai Tree

This is a titanium bonsai tree. Made from scrap ti in an inert atmosphere chamber. This is quite different, so I thought you'd like to see it.

Another shot...they come out of the chamber just like this....shiny

There's two mushrooms on the root of the tree.

Comment

Here is a pewter Staffordshire Bull Terrier on guard by the tree. I didn't make him, tho.

Comment

One last shot...a close up of the leaves of the tree. You can see the drops of liquid titanium how they overlap and weld to each other.

Comment

In the Welders Handbook, Finch suggests the best welding position is a comfortable one; such as being seated to write a letter. From the pix it looks like you could have your keyboard on the welding table, comfortably seated to write a letter. (hee hee)

That really is a beautiful little tree.

Bob

Comment

ROCKYD.......ON A SCALE OF 1 TO 5 I'M HANDING OUT A 4.5...... I'M PARTIAL TO THE MUSHROOMS ON THE ROOTS AND THE WATER (LIQUID TITANIUM) DROPS ON THE LEAVES OF THE BONZI TREE..... AND NOW FOR THE $64.00 DOLLAR QUESTION. HOW HIGHT IS THE TREE AND WHAT IS THE VALUE OF SAID ITEM.......... .. ROCK
            [email protected]

Comment

Rocky D,

That is just AWESOME! That's the first tree (besides at the drag strip) I've ever seen that there isn't a way I could kill it!!!!!
              How much time would it take to make one? Just curious.
              4wd trucks are my current life... along with my animals

"One day, 4wd trucks shall rule the world..."

Comment

Rocky D

You obviously have too much time on your hands at work...I'm callin' your boss to get this crap straghtened out...NOT! Nice tree!
                Arbo & Thor (The Junkyard Dog)
                The Next Loud Noise You Hear Is Me!

Comment

Re: Rocky D

Originally posted by Arbo
                  You obviously have too much time on your hands at work...I'm callin' your boss to get this crap straghtened out...NOT! Nice tree!
                  I wondered who would put that together, Arbo.... Yeah, I takes about 1 1/2 hours to make one. It gets really hot in the chamber, too. The tree is about 9 inches tall. The value in scrap ti, I don't know..but as a tree...maybe four digit figure, who knows?

Titanium is my favorite of all metals to weld...it always looks nice and shiny.

Comment

No, No,

Rocky D is not just screwing off, he is welding to maintain his skill level.

Better put visual controls on the dog and the tree so no one mixes them up.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
                      No, No,

Rocky D is not just screwing off, he is welding to maintain his skill level.

Better put visual controls on the dog and the tree so no one mixes them up.

Bob

Ha ha ha, yeah, ..... "THIS IS A DOG" .... " THIS IS A TREE"

Comment

Working...
                      X