Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Tuna Sandwich On A Welding Break :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Tuna Sandwich On A Welding Break :-)

My wife always makes me a tuna sandwich on my welding break since it's my favorite sandwich. Just saw this on Ar15.com about a 50 cent off coupon on Starkist tuna at Target stores. No limit guys and it works. Here in Vegas a can of Starkist Chunk Light tuna is 64 cents so it's 14 cents each out the door with the coupon. Some states it's 59 cents a can so it's 9 cents out the door.

And here's the thread about it and how to get the coupon. The coupon is a pdf file so you have to save it first to your computer so you could print it.
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...&f=17&t=605171

Just want to pass this on to you guys who likes tuna. It makes a cheap cat food too. It expires on the 29th of this month so you still have 8 days to stock up.

556man

Here's what I bought in 2 days.

Last edited by 556man; 09-22-2007, 12:04 AM. Reason: Link

Looks like you hit a jackpot. Yuk. Yuk.

Comment

I grew up in Vegas, and still have many of my assets there. We probably have the freshest canned food in the world over there.

But if you want TUNA, man, you need to come here.

We eat tuna here at least once a week, and man, we are talking TUNA! This stuff comes in filets about the size of your leg. And I've had it a different way every week for the past three months.

Comment

Mac, hows the crab and shellfish over there? Any local delicacies worth mention as far as oddball fruit and vegetables that taste as good or better than they look? Spare me the mention of meat dishes...I really don't want to know.
        Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
          I grew up in Vegas, and still have many of my assets there. We probably have the freshest canned food in the world over there.

But if you want TUNA, man, you need to come here.

We eat tuna here at least once a week, and man, we are talking TUNA! This stuff comes in filets about the size of your leg. And I've had it a different way every week for the past three months.
          You're in tuna paradise Mac. I heard the tuna over there are huge. Fresh tuna taste a lot better than canned ones. Once in a while me and my dad go to San Diego California to ride those 3 day fishing trip to Mexico. We used to catch 30 to 60 lbs yellow tail tuna and boy do they taste good.

So far I got about 170 cans and it cost me about $23.00 for everything.

Be safe out there Mac.

556man

Comment

I dont know, sounds kind of fishy to me.......

Comment

Tuna fish sandwiches are great. Albacore tuna tastes way better than chunklight. It costs more but I think it tastes better. And don't listen to the enviromentalists about the mercury content in tuna. The benefits of tuna outweigh any kind of mercury traces. Just the omega 3's in tuna is worth eating it. If you stay well hydrated, any small amount of mercury would just be passed anyway. Thats like people saying that eggs are unhealthy. Eggs are the protien standard, in which all other protiens are measured.
              HH 140
              Hobart stickmate ac/dc
              Sanborn 7hp 60gal comp
              1950's Craftsman drillpress

Comment

Originally posted by scapegoat View Post
                And don't listen to the environmentalists about the mercury content in tuna. .... If you stay well hydrated, any small amount of mercury would just be passed anyway. .
                mercury is stored by the body like other heavy metals, that's why it's in the fish in the first place, and you can't get more hydrated than a fish.

'course if tuna had as much Hg as they purport, i suspect 556 would look like a thermometer.

Comment

Once in the body, mercury has a half-life of around three days in the bloodstream and a 90-day half-life in other tissues (e.g. brain, kidneys, etc). When you ingest mercury (via your daily can of tuna), it gets readily absorbed by the small intestine and shipped to the liver where it forms a complex with glutathione. From there, the mercury has two fates — bile or blood. It can get incorporated in bile and excreted back into the intestines where it can be either reabsorbed or excreted in your feces.

The other fate for the mecury-glutatione complex is the bloodstream. Once in the bloodstream, mercury readily travels to the kidneys or the brain. In the kidneys it can get filtered and excreted in the urine or stored. The kidneys contain a protein called metallothionein that binds mercury and stores it in a nontoxic form.

As long as the dosage of mercury doesn't overwhelm the system, the kidneys will do a good job of synthesizing metallothionein and binding mercury as needed. If it finds its way to the brain, it gets transferred across the blood-brain barrier and stored. The storage option is the one that leads to mercury toxicity, causing damage to the brain or kidneys.
                  HH 140
                  Hobart stickmate ac/dc
                  Sanborn 7hp 60gal comp
                  1950's Craftsman drillpress

Comment

Wow, I worry about growing gills and fins if I ate all that.....

"Gone are the days of wooden ships, and Iron men.
                    I doubt if we shall ever see thier likes again".
                    Circa 1900.
                    Author: unknown member of the USCG.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyoming View Post
                      Mac, hows the crab and shellfish over there? Any local delicacies worth mention as far as oddball fruit and vegetables that taste as good or better than they look? Spare me the mention of meat dishes...I really don't want to know.
                      Don't know. We do the tuna thing for seafood here, cooking for a hundred people for each meal. But we have lots of "normal" meals. Yesterday's lunch was a very good spaghetti, and today was curried beef. They do a lot of curried everything here.

I'm not into eating strange fruits. They have lots of papaya, like they did in Colombia, but those were never my favorites. Colombia was THE place for fruit, that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X