Hose Reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hose Reel

Well, here is the latest project I finished. It is a hose reel capable of holding 100 ft. of 1" ID hose (and then some I expect.) I was in desparate need of such a reel, but the cheapest one I could find was around $500.00. This one was made entirely of things salvaged off the scrap pile and the only thing it cost was my time and some welding wire. If anyone needs plans for this reel, let me know. I will be glad to share.
    Arbo & Thor (The Junkyard Dog)
    The Next Loud Noise You Hear Is Me!

Arbo,

I for one would be interested in seeing the plans to your hose reel project. Looks bullet proof...I like!

Thanks,
    Brent

Comment

Re: Hose Reel

Originally posted by Arbo
      Well, here is the latest project I finished. It is a hose reel capable of holding 100 ft. of 1" ID hose (and then some I expect.) I was in desparate need of such a reel, but the cheapest one I could find was around $500.00. This one was made entirely of things salvaged off the scrap pile and the only thing it cost was my time and some welding wire. If anyone needs plans for this reel, let me know. I will be glad to share.
      Yeah, Arbo, I have those plastic ones and my wife keeps breaking them. I never though of building one. I would scale it down for 75' of 3/4" hose. Send me what you have. Thanks

Comment

That is one impressive looking hose reel!
        work safe, always wear your safety glasses.

Edward Heimbach

Comment

Reel Plans

When making the center hub, be sure to get your pipe inside the 4" conduit before welding both caps on. I welded one cap on, put my pipe and tee inside and then welded the other cap on. once that is all in place, then go ahead and tighten the set screws onto the pipe. You want to be sure that the tee is lined up with the hole that is cut in the side of the conduit. Next, you will want to do your spoke and rim assemblies on the end of your conduit. I used 1/2" pipe for the spokes and 3/4" square tube for the rim. Next, slide your bearings onto the pipe sticking out the ends of the conduit. You can now thread the handle assemly onto the end of the pipe. Also, thread the nipple and elbow through the hole in the side of the conduit into the tee which is inside. Now you are ready to build your stand. There are all kinds of options here, so you can use your imagination. Just be sure that it is tall enough and everything lines up for your bearings to bolt onto. There will be three drawings. If you have questions, let me know.

Comment

Center Hub Drawing

Here is a simple drawing of the center hub

Comment

Pipe Assembly

Here is the drawing of the pipe assembly inside of the hub

Comment

Bearing

And here is what I used for a bearing for the pipe to ride on

Comment

Etc

Obviously, I am no artist. I hope that this helps you guys out. This one is made extra large for use on a honey wagon in a campground. You can obviously scale it down for use with a garden hose. Have fun!

Comment

ARBO.......... NICE JOB.........ROCK......[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                    X