My Brake project via Dan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Brake project via Dan

This first shot is how it started this morning. Yesterday I fabbed these parts.

....and this one

Comment

Now bend leaf clamped preparatory to weld

Comment

Looking down on it

Comment

Close up of the pivot point...I got carried away with the handle part.

Comment

This is the underside showing the line up of the leaf part to the handle part. Also welded underneath, leaving a gap for the nut to be welded on.

Comment

This is a little fab trick. When centering two parts together as shown...a quick way to find the center is to measure the length...say 9 and 13/16" for example. Well, you know its close to 10 inches, so divide by 2 = 5". Measure 5" from first one end and put a mark, then the other end put a mark. Then you measure between the two marks and that's your center! No figuring, or fumbling for your calculator.

Comment

This is the first weld. Notice no spatter when first spraying the parts to be welded with Anti-Spatter spray. This brand smells like fish... ...,but you get used to it

Comment

A closer look.....the spatter you see here can be wiped off with a rag!

Comment

THE FINISHED PRODUCT!!

Comment

...another shot...notice the bent pieces made with it

Comment

This is a shot showing the bending leaf in the up position, so you can see the gussets, (stiffeners), and the "T" bolts.

Comment

...and at last...a shot showing a close up of the "T" bolts, clamping plate with the stiffener added, and the parts I bent with it!!!!

Thank you Dan for a delightful project ! It was loads of fun building it.

Now, come on, guys, lets see yours!!

Comment

Rock D Nice job, What welder did you use? Also didn,t know you used anti splatter on your projects -Thought it was to spray the mig nozzel with it. Great project Dan hope to start mine very soon, Dump truck is about done then I'll start this project and post my progress.
                            Harold
                            Craftsman Colormatic AC
                            Victor Journyman Setup
                            Syncrowave 180 SD
                            MM210 With Spoolgun
                            Dynasty 200 DX
                            Spectrum 625 Plasma Cutter
                            Miller HD Tape Measure

Comment

Originally posted by harold
                              Rock D Nice job, What welder did you use? Also didn,t know you used anti splatter on your projects -Thought it was to spray the mig nozzel with it. Great project Dan hope to start mine very soon, Dump truck is about done then I'll start this project and post my progress.
                              Anti-spatter is used on both the nozzle and the parts. It is a must when doing stainless MIG. If there is any spatter, it wipes right off. Saves a lot of time cleaning up. Try it!

My machine is a Miller[ (what else?) CP 300 using .035" ER70S-6 wire, 50 - 50 mix AR - CO2 setup on 480v input power.
                              Last edited by Rocky D; 10-04-2002, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X