cannon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannon

I thought some of you would like to see a little thing I whipped up at work.

that's pretty creative. looks good too.
    I don't know welding. I know computers. Got computer problems?

Comment

I've been trying to get out of buying a new pc (USB equipped) to dump flicks. Anyway, I will try and post some flicks of Hammer Head. A little project to get rid of some of those pieces that always seem to be in the way. If you are only a few states away you might have heard it.

Good lookin gizmo you got there.

Comment

BILL GROOMS..........WELL NOW IF I WAS TO USE SAY A BLACK CAT (FIRECRACKER) AND A MARBLE FOR THE PROJECTILE..........?.. WONDER HOW FAR THAT WOULD GO..........OUTSIDE OF COURSE.....WE COULD HAVE SOME MARBLE SHOOTS.......... WONDER HOW ACCURATE THEY ARE.........?....... NICE PROJECT.........BE SAFE............................ROCK.//...........
        [email protected]

Comment

Prototype for a future project?? Maybe somthing big enough to keep the neighbours cat out of the yard.
          Snidley :}
          Here in the Great White North
          Mosquitoes can't fly at 40 below

Comment

omg

I think Rock is onto something...what I saw as "a simple toy" Rock sees as a "Miniaturized WEAPON!

#1-That makes Rock a scary individual
            #2-I suddenly am inspired.

Comment

Re: omg

Originally posted by kfriend
              I think Rock is onto something...what I saw as "a simple toy" Rock sees as a "Miniaturized WEAPON!

#1-That makes Rock a scary individual
              #2-I suddenly am inspired.
              Or #3-a democrat from New York!

Comment

I used to have a cannon that shot D cell batteries. I wanna tell ya, 250 grains of FFF black powder will send a battery a he!!in'. The barrel was about 24" long, and the whole thing had to be anchored down with cinder blocks to keep it from flipping over backwards. Without fail, the blocks would be in pieces after two shots. I left it sit out one winter, and it got all rusty. I didn't trust it after that, it is now part of the landfill. Someday, I want to make one that shoots golf *****. TAKE THAT TIGER WOODS! I bet I could send one from the first tee to the ninth green.
                Arbo & Thor (The Junkyard Dog)
                The Next Loud Noise You Hear Is Me!

Comment

one of the coolest cannons i ever saw was a potato cannon. sc40 pvc pipe and aquanet hairspray. taters would go a flyin.

JASON

Comment

how about those pumpkin cannons? It's some big event somewhere...

I watched a special on the discovery channel, where they showed an air-pressure pumpkin chucker that they pointed at an old Ford Bronco...it was unbelievable how much damage a pumpkin at high speeds did to that metal.

Comment

Originally posted by yammahoppy
                      one of the coolest cannons i ever saw was a potato cannon. sc40 pvc pipe and aquanet hairspray. taters would go a flyin.
                      I have made several of these ... great fun !

I'm working on an air powered cannon now. There are video's on the web of people shooting things several hundred yards with air powered cannons.

- jack

Comment

Some PVC pipe ,a PVC ball valve and a tire valve stem and presto your 12 years old again(Wow, I wonder if this rock will fit).BTW we use nitrogen so its portable. Just don't shoot your eye out Ralphie. Ahhh what fun to be a kid. Mike

Comment

Originally posted by yammahoppy

JASON
                          Worked at a Country Club for a few years. Had them to scare the geese away. and for Maintance to play with !

Dont use either Too wet. and A cuting out fit with a LOT of Oxy is a scarry thing! We shot a Ear of Corn throught a chair.

OMS
                          OMS
                          HH175
                          Red Tomstone W/ HF for TIG
                          Old Miller Engine Driven 225 Amp AC Stick Welder
                          Smith O/A X 2
                          Harris O/A
                          BridgePort
                          MSC cut off BandSaw 6X12"
                          And more!
                          Shop Mechanic for Brinks Coin

Comment

Cannon

Cannons are good toys to play with Here is a addy to a picture of some folks playing with a potato cannon. I have a nice one that I built back some years ago. Since My mother and I had a falling out I have been unable to retrive it.
                            Oh yeah....My buddies go to Knob creek in kentucky each year to see machine guns and cannons in action.
                            Have fun!
                            Tim

Comment

addy

Ok..here it is
                              Tim

Comment

Working...
                              X