Grinder Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinder Stand

Picture of A grinder stand I made for my brother-in-law. Freebe Just used 1¼" steel tubing. The rim was $5.00 at the local junk yard. Note the electrical outlet I added. It proved to be handy.
    Last edited by TheOldOne; 09-27-2002, 08:35 AM.

THE OLD ONE..........HEY HOW TALL IS THAT.......IT LOOKS TALLER THAN THE OTHER ONE YOU PICTURED IS IT??????/........ROCK
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Hobart Expert Rock
      THE OLD ONE..........HEY HOW TALL IS THAT.......IT LOOKS TALLER THAN THE OTHER ONE YOU PICTURED IS IT??????/........ROCK
      [email protected]
      Rock; yes it's a bit taller. That's what he wanted. Would you believe he is a short man. He seems to be happy as a hog in a poky.

Comment

is there any "weight" or anything inside the rim that keeps it from
        tipping over or is the board and stand plate just bolted to the rim ?

thanks....

- jack

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus
          is there any "weight" or anything inside the rim that keeps it from
          tipping over or is the board and stand plate just bolted to the rim ?

thanks....

- jack
          Jack, I don't put any weight in them. I do know some people fill them with concrete. I like to be able to move them. I have no problems with them moving around.

Comment

I have made several of these type stands over the years; mine are mostly telescoping and adjustable with roller tops to provide varying height support for long material that overextending the table saw, drill press, chopsaw etc. An old mechanic in NY showed me his. He had mounted tubless tires on them. Thats what I use now. They are more stable, don't require additional weight, and roll around easy on the concret floor, no noise and no marks.
            Harold
            Craftsman Colormatic AC
            Victor Journyman Setup
            Syncrowave 180 SD
            MM210 With Spoolgun
            Dynasty 200 DX
            Spectrum 625 Plasma Cutter
            Miller HD Tape Measure

Comment

Make a pair of stands. Steel wheels with mounted tire filled with concrete and 7' long 1" pipe welded vertical to layed down wheel. Then weld on 2 rings to attach net and you have portable volleyball net holder.

Comment

Why was the top bolted to the ply wood and not welded right to the rim? Is the plywood just to have a flat surface?
                work safe, always wear your safety glasses.

Edward Heimbach

Comment

Working...
                X