Winmiter Up and Running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winmiter Up and Running

[FONT=times new roman] I know this is not a web site for computer questions and answers, but maybe this can help if you are trying to get Winmiter to run on your computer. As Bitternut told me this is a great program for pipe fitting, or notching. I downloaded the program , clicked on Winmiter,it inflated all the files,but when I clicked on the Setup.exe I keep on getting a error message. I was useing the mouse to click on the setup.exe I was about to give up when I put the mouse pointer on setup.exe and rapidly pressed the enter button 4 or 5 times, and there it was setup asking me, do you want to install winmiter , you know I said yes. maybe this will help somebody else that is having the same problem I was having installing it.
    Thanks
    Ron

ftp://ftp.ihpva.org/pub/software/winmiter
    Last edited by Ron; 09-25-2002, 09:00 AM.

What error message did you get ?

Comment

Error Message

Originally posted by Phil
      What error message did you get ?
      warning - can not copy file c:\winmiter\winmiter\ddeml.dll since the destination file is allready in use

Comment

Re: Error Message

Originally posted by Ron

warning - can not copy file c:\winmiter\winmiter\ddeml.dll since the destination file is allready in use

The most likely cause of that message is that you had 2 copies of setup/winmiter running at the same time.

You can send me an e-mail with some details at [email protected].

Regards,

Philippe

Comment

Winmiter problems

I've tried everything and I get the same error. I tried what you said and still get the same error. I just flat give up!#@#[email protected]%
          Ken

Comment

It loaded on my computer but I had the same message. It has something to do with the path command. I also had the error thing. I'll see if I can duplicate what I did.
            Duke

Comment

OK, Used the start menu and find feature to find and remove all winmiter files. used the link above to get the files and copied only the winmiter file to my program files folder and made a "pipe" file. when the imported file was in the pipe folder I double clicked on he file and it loaded. Then double click on the setup.exe and the message will appeat. Click the OK to acknowledge and the program will finish loading.
              Duke

Comment

Followed Royal Fe's directions and it works like a champ!
                Trent
                Building my wife's fortune - one machine at a time!
                Bobcat 250, MM210 w/3545 spoolgun, HH135, Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC w/HF251, Red AC/DC tombstone, Victor SRII

Comment

I got it installed on my windows xp machine correctly - but I does not seem to be able to print...

I press print and the wheels turn but nothing comes out! Has anybody else had this problem?

The EZ-Pipe programs looks real good - but it is a $199 - that buys a lot of rods and pipe!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DocSavage
                    I got it installed on my windows xp machine correctly - but I does not seem to be able to print...
                    I had the same problem with WinMiter on my WIN2000 machine. Everything works except for printing... Too bad...
                    Bill C
                    "The more I learn about welding the more I find there is to learn..."

Comment

Prints fine on a WinME machine.
                      Trent
                      Building my wife's fortune - one machine at a time!
                      Bobcat 250, MM210 w/3545 spoolgun, HH135, Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC w/HF251, Red AC/DC tombstone, Victor SRII

Comment

BillC -

Did you try saving as a .bmp and printing that? It seems to small when i do that - maybe I am still doing something wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by DocSavage
                          BillC -

Did you try saving as a .bmp and printing that? It seems to small when i do that - maybe I am still doing something wrong...
                          No, it never even occurred to me to try and save it... I have been trying to download it to my ME machine at home, but the website seems to lock me up each time...

I will try saving at work tomorrow...

Thanks!
                          Bill C
                          "The more I learn about welding the more I find there is to learn..."

Comment

Working...
                          X