Metal bending brake: Layout 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal bending brake: Layout 2

Do to circumstances beyond my control (wife) I was unable to complete the assembly of the brake. However, I have all the parts ready for assembly. So for now, I will post some pictures that will be helpful to you in the fabrication of this machine. The set of pictures that I will give you today will focus on the 5" channel. The first picture is to show you that for assembly purposes you DO NOT want to completely notch the corners. You don t want to complete this notch at first because you want this part of the channel left on so that you can use the corner for lining up the channel with the layout lines on part 1. I have a simulation picture of this it will be the third picture that you see in this posting.

Anyway, this first picture is a close up of how much of the notch you should complete at this point in the assembly process. This saw kerf is from the end of the peice through the web of the channel.
    MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
    Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

This next photo is just a shot of the previous picture from a further distance, so that you can get a better idea of were this saw kerf occurs on the channel.
    MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
    Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

Comment

This third picture is a simulation of how the 5" channel lines up with the layout lines on part #1. I hope this picture makes it obvious why the notch(s) shouldn t be completed until after both of your part # 1 are welded to the 5" channel.

This is all that Im going to post this morning. I will be posting more info and photos this evening after work. So if your interested keep an eye out for them.

PM 180C

Comment

Working...
      X