Another tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another tool

This is our Hobart Mega Arc 500 field welding machine on a carriage I designed and built. We have three of them. Oxy-Acetylene rig is on the back. 300 feet of 480v cable o the reel.

The spool on the top of your unit is what I am trying to make. Is that a constant connect? or do you have to disconnect before rolling and unrolling? Thanks!

Mitch

Comment

You'll notice the black spot just above the axle. That's the receptical...Hubbel twistlock. It is mounted in a bracket on the other side. Yeah, you have to plug it in each time, but it also serves to keep the reel from unrolling as you travel. There is also a brake made from a 3/4" bolt and spring that rubs on the reel side so it won't get away from you as you roll the cable out. The plug to the machine is that one hanging to the left.

Comment

Hey Rocky D,Who picked the color?I think there is a message there somewhere!!
        Esab 2200 AC/DC
        Thermal 211i
        Thermal Pee-wee 85s
        Smith O/A plus mini torch
        Smith machine torch
        LN-25 pro
        LF-72 feeder
        Edwards 65 ton
        5X10 CNC table
        Victor A-120
        Miller Shopmate 300DX
        S-74D feeder

Remember good judgment comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Brand X
          Hey Rocky D,Who picked the color?I think there is a message there somewhere!!
          Funny you should ask...there's a story behind that.....we have several departments that use various types of carts and they wanted them color-coded, so someone could tell whose department the cart came from when it was blocking an aisle or something like that. My boss wanted our carts, & oxy acetylene rigs all safety yellow. Some other depts colors were blue, and orange, red and gray, as I recall. I cam remember having to search all over the 65 acre plant to find an O/A cart, that somebody had left on the job site after the weekend. That's why they were yellow.

Comment

Working...
          X