One project...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One project...

If I manage to actually get this to work, the attached picture is of a sorting rack that is 40' left to right, 11' top to bottom and 3 sections deep (8' front to back). The entire project took 8 men two weeks to build, paint and install it. It is nearly perfectly square in all dimensions. The cabinet company it was built for puts molding strips in each individual cubby hole from the back and pull them out from the front. They manufacture 14,000 finished cabinets per day, six days per week.
    Last edited by Mike Sherman; 09-18-2002, 05:12 AM.
    Respectfully,
    Mike Sherman
    Shermans Welding

Nice rack.

You can edit, add to, change any post you made on this board. But can't add or delete pictures to make another try.
    Last edited by Roger; 09-18-2002, 07:47 AM.

Comment

See picture of Mike's rack in this thread:

http://www.hobartwelders.com/mboard/...=&threadid=121

Mike, you can delete a thread by clicking Edit, then checking the delete checkbox near the top of the page and clicking Delete Now

- jack

Comment

Wow! You guys certainly impress me with your ability to navigate and comprehend the options available on the forum. I can't believe you put a link from this thread to my other one. Nice work. I wonder if people looking at that rack can comprehend the complexity of it? It is over 900 individual cubes 18" deep totally square with each other. ( We fabricated the doors, latches, everything) It is a totally welded construction and the potential for weld distortion was huge. Anyway, suffice it to say it was far more difficult to build than any of the overhead cranes that I have built. I consider it to be one of the most challenging things I have built this year. Thank you everyone for helping me learn how to post things. It will be fun showing some of my projects.
        Respectfully,
        Mike Sherman
        Shermans Welding

Comment

Mike,

Seeing all those cubes made me think of the office i work in! yikes I hate cubes! I was looking at the picture some more and it is amazing how complicated it is. Great job.
          Thanks
          Gary Wolboldt

Comment

Wow! You guys certainly impress me with your ability to navigate and comprehend the options available on the forum. I can't believe you put a link from this thread to my other one. Nice work.
            thanks but I'm a computer nerd for a living so I've seen the particular software running this msg board alot of times. Wish I got paid to make things out of metal for living

900 cubes that is amazing ... You guys definitely do top notch work !

- jack

Comment

Mike,
              How much does it weigh? Are the individual cubes lined with sheet steel?
              Duke

Comment

Royal Fe, I would have to calculate the weight but it is lined with corrugated plastic cubes that fit snugly into each cubicle. There are twelve pieces to this puzzle. Four rows of three. The doors are Lexan. I build stuff like this all the time, I just thought it was kinda neat and now that I have coaxed all of you into telling me good I am, I feel much better now. (Next time don't make me ask for the oohs and ahs!)
                Respectfully,
                Mike Sherman
                Shermans Welding

Comment

14,000 cabinets a day?

14,000 cabinets a day! They must haul them away by the train loads.

Yeah Mike. ooh ooh auh auh ooh auh ooh auh. Yeah Mike.

I am glad to finally see you got thru the "computer aided frustration" and we can see some of your work.

That really is an impressive piece of work. Look forward to more.

Bob (who sticks metal together with heat ... as opposed to those who can really weld well)

Comment

Originally posted by Roger
                    Nice rack.

You can edit, add to, change any post you made on this board. But can't add or delete pictures to make another try.
                    [font color=red] Roger there is a radio button to which gives you the option to delete a picture also.

Comment

Working...
                    X