Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usmcpop
    replied
    Judging from the Sept. 2005 date of the original thread, you may not get too many replies. They probably haven't yet been paroled for the stolen keg convictions

Leave a comment:

• evanmars
    replied
    Originally posted by photos8484 View Post
    In my area, beer distributors charge a deposit of approx $15 - $20 over the cost of a quarter keg of beer (I don't know the deposit on larger kegs); get a quarter, drink the contents & you're left with fine keg at half the price, and a fine buzz, too.
    Paying the deposit is NOT the same as buying the keg. It is still seen as stealing if you do not return it.

Leave a comment:

• Skipper
    replied
    Newberry s.c.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by 49degreesnorth
    Guys,

I came across a beer keg floating in Puget Sound today, and my friend insisted on grabbing it to make it into a beer cooking pot. First of all, could this thing really be stainless (how can I tell)? It looks like stainless but seems like aluminum would be way cheaper (Annheiser Bush), and it is hard to tell what it is made out of. Second, anyone ever make a cooking kettle out of one of these? Third, is there a better use it could be put to (like a grill?).

Thanks!
    Chris
    i think you shouldnt fix the keg and drink it all yourself. so pull out a stic welder and lets party

Leave a comment:

• photos8484
    replied
    Originally posted by Skipper
    I know where a good many is at a salvage yard. He is getting premium price though. 40 bucks a peice. I bought one the other day just to have on hand in case somebody else needed another keg grill built. They are pricey to build though but some folks like paying for good stuff.
    In my area, beer distributors charge a deposit of approx $15 - $20 over the cost of a quarter keg of beer (I don't know the deposit on larger kegs); get a quarter, drink the contents & you're left with fine keg at half the price, and a fine buzz, too.

Leave a comment:

• jamesdart
    replied
    where you located?

Leave a comment:

• Skipper
    replied
    I know where a good many is at a salvage yard. He is getting premium price though. 40 bucks a peice. I bought one the other day just to have on hand in case somebody else needed another keg grill built. They are pricey to build though but some folks like paying for good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• jamesdart
    replied
    im dying to find an empty keg. anything that has gotten in it over time should die when you fire the keg up as a grill in its new life. couldnt you just run anti freeze in the water cooler, i dont think anything could grow in it.

Leave a comment:

• weird bike
    replied
    I was going to use a 20 gallong keg for my gas tank but it was a little bulky but hey how cool would a gas tank with anheiser busch look on a dune buggy

Leave a comment:

• Skipper
    replied
    A stainless keg weights about 40 lbs.

Leave a comment:

• LarryL
    replied
    Originally posted by 49degreesnorth
    Actually, it doesn't... but I believe that even if it did then "salvage at sea" makes it MINE, MINE, MINE!
    Since Puget Sound is an inland body of water, salvage rights to all kegs in it probably belong to the State of Washington.

LarryL

Leave a comment:

• 49degreesnorth
    replied
    Originally posted by 2manyprojects
    If you look at the two words in front of Anheuser Busch, I believe it says "Property Of"
    Actually, it doesn't... but I believe that even if it did then "salvage at sea" makes it MINE, MINE, MINE!

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Harris
    replied
    Originally posted by James D. Clark
    And if you find an old beer keg floating in the river I wouldn't want to even think about using it to refill with food or drink. You don't know what it had in it.
    You would be surprised at what the food processing plants use to clean the 304 stainless equipment . I would think that 304 stainless would not retain any residual contaminants. That is why it's used so extensively in the food processing industry. Alos used in medical equipment whch is sterilized and reused on other patients. I've heard that some photographic chemicals MAY leave residue on stainless, but I"m not even sure this is possible. I'd scrub the livin' &*&^ out of it and use for whatever yer fancy. When you weld it you want to consider the carbide percipitaion. This is what causes teh stainless to become non stainless in the weld area. Baically the hotter and longer it remains hot the more intense this will be. I've read where a weld has cracked over use in the haz because of this problelm. Usually happens on something subjected to prolonged heat durin normal use.

Leave a comment:

• bobad
    replied
    Originally posted by LarryL
    I stopped using this cooler because of a heavy growth of algae in this unit - LarryL

Larry,

Copper sulphate keeps algae from growing. You can get it at Wal-Mart in the plumbing department as "root killer" or similar. It's in the form of blue crystals.

Leave a comment:

• 2manyprojects
    replied
    If you look at the two words in front of Anheuser Busch, I believe it says "Property Of"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X