No announcement yet.

What to do with a beer keg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im dying to find an empty keg. anything that has gotten in it over time should die when you fire the keg up as a grill in its new life. couldnt you just run anti freeze in the water cooler, i dont think anything could grow in it.

Comment

I know where a good many is at a salvage yard. He is getting premium price though. 40 bucks a peice. I bought one the other day just to have on hand in case somebody else needed another keg grill built. They are pricey to build though but some folks like paying for good stuff.
      Quality Fab
      Newberry, S.C.
      Esab Migmaster 250 w/ ST23-A Spoolgun
      MIller Bobcat 225
      Miller Syncrowave 200
      Hobart Handler 120
      Miller Buzzbox

Comment

where you located?

Comment

Originally posted by Skipper
          I know where a good many is at a salvage yard. He is getting premium price though. 40 bucks a peice. I bought one the other day just to have on hand in case somebody else needed another keg grill built. They are pricey to build though but some folks like paying for good stuff.
          In my area, beer distributors charge a deposit of approx $15 - $20 over the cost of a quarter keg of beer (I don't know the deposit on larger kegs); get a quarter, drink the contents & you're left with fine keg at half the price, and a fine buzz, too.

Comment

Originally posted by 49degreesnorth
            Guys,

I came across a beer keg floating in Puget Sound today, and my friend insisted on grabbing it to make it into a beer cooking pot. First of all, could this thing really be stainless (how can I tell)? It looks like stainless but seems like aluminum would be way cheaper (Annheiser Bush), and it is hard to tell what it is made out of. Second, anyone ever make a cooking kettle out of one of these? Third, is there a better use it could be put to (like a grill?).

Thanks!
            Chris
            i think you shouldnt fix the keg and drink it all yourself. so pull out a stic welder and lets party

Comment

Newberry s.c.
              Quality Fab
              Newberry, S.C.
              Esab Migmaster 250 w/ ST23-A Spoolgun
              MIller Bobcat 225
              Miller Syncrowave 200
              Hobart Handler 120
              Miller Buzzbox

Comment

Originally posted by photos8484 View Post
                In my area, beer distributors charge a deposit of approx $15 - $20 over the cost of a quarter keg of beer (I don't know the deposit on larger kegs); get a quarter, drink the contents & you're left with fine keg at half the price, and a fine buzz, too.
                Paying the deposit is NOT the same as buying the keg. It is still seen as stealing if you do not return it.

Comment

Judging from the Sept. 2005 date of the original thread, you may not get too many replies. They probably haven't yet been paroled for the stolen keg convictions
                  --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
                  -------------------------

Comment

Working...
                  X