Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• harold
    replied
    I can't wait I need to build one myself. Somehow have to justify all this new welding equipment I purchased, and show my better half that the equipment can be used for other projects besides fixing up that old dump truck I bought
    Harold

Leave a comment:

• R. Nelson
    replied
    6" press

I wouldn't mind building one them.....go.

Leave a comment:

• Al T.
    replied
    I'll be looking forward to this project!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    HI DAN...........SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN TO ME..........GO FOR IT, THAT IS WHAT THIS SITE IS ABOUT.......... EVERYONE HELPING EVERYONE ELSE OUT....... YOUR NOT GOING TO P;UBLISH YOUR BOOK HERE THOUGH ARE YOU .....HAHAHA.... HAVE SOME FUN WITH IT.........BE SAFE.......ROCK........ [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    started a topic 6" Bending brake coming soon

6" Bending brake coming soon

A while back I promised some guys on here plans for a brake that will bend 1/8"x6" and 3/16"x 2" (maybe even 1/4"x2" but I have never tried it) mild steel flat bar. Well drawing out the dimension plans was no problem, but explaining how to make the unit has become a book, and to finish it with the time I have available might take me another year. So what I will try is to pick up the materials needed and build myself one, and take pictures as I assemble the unit. Then I will post them on this site with a small description. Somehow, I will include the dimensional drawings too.
    If there is a problem with me doing this on this site will someone please inform me.

If this is a go from the moderator of this site then the minimum tools required to make the project are going to be: welder, drill press, angle grinder, and a chopsaw or bandsaw. There is a peice of 1/4" and 3/8" material used that will have some welding done on them. People with a HH 175 don t worry about the 3/8". The peice that it is welded to is just a stiffener for the plate.
    Well, I guess I will wait and see if the moderator replies to this or if someone from Hobart gives me the ok.
Working...
X