Private Messaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Messaging

Why has private messaging not been turned on?
  • Mike Sherman
    CWI / CWE
    • Sep 2002

Rocky, you seem to have an awful lot of time to play on the computer, are you on company time? Nice mug shot by the way.
    Last edited by Mike Sherman; 09-16-2002, 07:30 AM.
    Respectfully,
    Mike Sherman
    Shermans Welding

Comment

• Brent
      • Sep 2002

Hey Rocky, don't know about the private messaging stuff, but how did you get your picture to go on your post?

Brent

Here is one of me .

Comment

• morpheus
        Hitech Redneck
        • Sep 2002

it's called an avatar Brent, it's part of your profile. Go read the Welcome thread, it's detailed out in there. basically you need a 50x50 image ... most other BBS that use this software also allow you to change the text under your username after a certain number of posts ... lots of people come up with very amusing things to say.

- jack

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sherman
          Rocky, you seem to have an awful lot of time to play on the computer, are you on company time? Nice mug shot by the way.
          Nope, not on company time....on momma's time.

Say, how did you get to be a "Senior member", with only 12 posts? never mind, I know.

Did you figure out how to get your pictures down to 100k ? We'd all like to see some of your stuff, my friend.

Comment

• Mike Sherman
            CWI / CWE
            • Sep 2002

Rocky, I did reset my camera to take smaller pictures, but I cannot seem to reduce all of existing stuff. Sorry, I too would like to show some of it but I just don't know how!!
            Respectfully,
            Mike Sherman
            Shermans Welding

Comment

• GWOL
              HH135
              • Sep 2002

IMAGE SIZE

Mike,

I have a digital camera also and on the camera you may be able to change the detail setting (ie: image quality) to a lower setting. This will make the picture size smaller also. I know that on the lowest setting of mine, I can get it to under 100k. Also in your image software you can do a SAVE AS and should be albe to reduce the quality settings to get the image size smaller.

Feel free to message me, or send an e-mail, and would be glad to get you some more info. Would love to see some of your work.

Worse case, I can come up and see you since your in Ohio also, I could give you some computer help, and you could give me some welding help!

Anyway, good luck, and let me know how these suggections work
              Thanks
              Gary Wolboldt

Comment

Rocky, I did reset my camera to take smaller pictures, but I cannot seem to reduce all of existing stuff. Sorry, I too would like to show some of it but I just don't know how!!
                Mike, if you want just send the pictures to me via email, and I'll reduce them for the web without visibly losing anything, (I know, technically that's not accurate, but you really can't see the difference, unless your a pro at that kind of thing,)and I'll send them back to you. I can do it very fast, or should I say the program does.

Comment

• GWOL
                  HH135
                  • Sep 2002

Good idea Rocky. Since Iam at work, and should be doing "work" I did not think about this. Iam sure we can get Mike "computer learned" just like Iam slowly learning about welding.

If Mike knows the type of software that he uses, that may have come with his camera, that may help on explaining how to get the size reduced.
                  Thanks
                  Gary Wolboldt

Comment

Originally posted by GWOL
                    Good idea Rocky. Since Iam at work, and should be doing "work" I did not think about this. Iam sure we can get Mike "computer learned" just like Iam slowly learning about welding.

If Mike knows the type of software that he uses, that may have come with his camera, that may help on explaining how to get the size reduced.
                    Say, Gary, does the time on your computer match what is being reported by this program?. Mine doesn't. I'm GMT minus 8 but it doesn't reflect that. What do you think?

Comment

• Mike Sherman
                      CWI / CWE
                      • Sep 2002

Rocky, I just sent you a picture at about 0830 Eastern. Please advise if you have received it. I believe I sent it to both of your addresses I have on file. Please advise, is it a success??
                      Respectfully,
                      Mike Sherman
                      Shermans Welding

Comment

• GWOL
                        HH135
                        • Sep 2002

Rocky,

I think the time stamp on the server is about 20 min off. On the post Mike just sent It sounds like he sent the post about 8:30am but the time stamp on his post was 8:07am est. I would not worry about the time to much, they are normally off some.

Iam putting this post on the site at my time of: 8:37am est.
                        Thanks
                        Gary Wolboldt

Comment

• GWOL
                          HH135
                          • Sep 2002

yep, thats it, the time stamp on the site is about 23 min slow. They need to hire me to work in there computer department since I live clost to Troy, Ohio! hehe
                          Thanks
                          Gary Wolboldt

Comment

• BillC
                            • Sep 2002

Mike,

Download a free graphics program like IrfanView. It is free and works great. It will compress files to allow you to get them on the website. It also lets you resize graphics images so you can make a picture small enough for the avatar...

If you decide to try it I will be glad to help walk you through any questions you may have...

Good Luck!
                            Bill C
                            "The more I learn about welding the more I find there is to learn..."

Comment

Working...
                            X