Pipe bender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Royal Fe
    Sweet trick Rocky D. Is the laundry marker the same thing as a Sharpe? Is that what you use to layout your steel? I noticed a bunch of pens in your box, is that the markers?
    Yeah, Sharpe's they write on the stuff soapstone won't write on. For regular steel or rusty stuff I use soapstone.

Comment

Patio awning/cover

Here is the patio cover skeleton where I used chain link fence toprail. No copes here, tho.

Comment

here it is with the roof on.

Comment

Thanks for all the tips - I will post some pictures after I make a few!

For another novice question - what are aviation shears in relation to tin snips...

Comment

I just noticed that the previous picture didn't have the gates in yet, so here is another shot I just took now.

Comment

Originally posted by DocSavage
              Thanks for all the tips - I will post some pictures after I make a few!

For another novice question - what are aviation shears in relation to tin snips...
              Doc, here is a picture of both, Tin Snips also called bulldogs, are at the top. The bottom has aviation snips, also called dutchman's. Notice they have blades that are opposite, for cutting curves in different directions. These work good for coping toprail.

Comment

how about that I learned something today. my whole life i've called the two tools on the bottom tin snips and the one at the top I call Giant Scissors ... actually even home depot/lowe's/sears call them tin snips not aviation shears

- jack

Comment

After I started using aviation snips stayed away from regular snips. Now I use offset aviation snips to the max.

This shows offset snips. I don't have any slang terms.
                  http://doityourself.com/store/6869457.htm

Comment

Working...
                  X