My favorite tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite tools

These are tools that help me in my job that I have found along the way, I hope you can benefit from some of this stuff the way I did.

This first shot is of the vise I got from Home Depot, and you can still get them. They are 36 bucks! So if I break it, no great loss.

These little babies I made, aid in erecting pipe jobs, like hand rails or any where you need to hold a pipe before you weld it in place.

Comment

These are clamps I like to use. I have many of each one. You can never have enough clamps!

Comment

These are corner clamps. You need four, and they really speed up making frames.

Comment

This is also handy for heliarcing small stuff. All our production weldors have made one. Sorry I did'nt give you anything to judge scale by. I think it's 3" angle and you can use it any number of ways. Turn it over and you have a small table.

Comment

corner clamps

Rocky where did you purchase your corner clamps at?

Comment

I know Dan will like this. It's a purge block. the top is porous bronze, inside is a manifold to diffuse the argon gas you put in the tube that is sticking out. You can weld a lot of different types of joints and have perfect purging. Great for inside corner joints, or butt welds. The porous bronze is heliarced on with silicon bronze rod.

Comment

A close up of the purge block.

Comment

This is my heliarc torch, any body else using this style?

Comment

Hey Rocky D nice tig torch Do you like it with that big of a cup and a stub end looks a littel unbalanced . Do you do any field work (scratch start) I noticed that your torch had no flow control?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky D
                      This is my heliarc torch, any body else using this style?
                      I use a similar style at work but the gas lense assembly is not as large in comparison to the torch body. Mine is a 125 amp torch. Is this a 100 amp torch or smaller?
                      MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
                      Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Re: corner clamps

Originally posted by gnewby
                        Rocky where did you purchase your corner clamps at?
                        San Diego Welders Supply or the US distributor is Morton. The clamps are Bessey clamps.

Comment

Originally posted by JPCWELD
                          Hey Rocky D nice tig torch Do you like it with that big of a cup and a stub end looks a littel unbalanced . Do you do any field work (scratch start) I noticed that your torch had no flow control?
                          The machine is a Syncrowave 300, and has built in solenoids, and high freq start. We do have a field machine on a cart that has a remote rheostat on the handle, that you operate with your finger as you weld. Most all our torches are water cooled HW-20's

Comment

Originally posted by Dan

I use a similar style at work but the gas lense assembly is not as large in comparison to the torch body. Mine is a 125 amp torch. Is this a 100 amp torch or smaller?
                            This is an HW-20 water cooled, I don't remember the amp rating, but I can run a 1/8" tungsten at close to 300 amps for a short time. I have welded 1" aluminum without a preheat with it, before. As far as balance, you get used to it real quick, and the coverage is great for titanium. In maintenance, I use a 3/32" tungsten, and production, I use 1/16".

Comment

This is a 18 gauge mild steel fillet welded with my HW-20. It is as-welded so you can see the colors. This is most likely what you would be doing at home, I thought,

Comment

Working...
                              X