posting pictures.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• posting pictures.........

I did`nt know which board to ask this on........But anyway which is the best way to go to post pictures ? Digital camera or 35mm and scanner? How does the camera download the pictures into the computer? How does it connect to the computer?
    I hate to be so goofy about this,but computers just ain`t my thang. Thanks a bunch.

russell

p.s. could you also recommend a good reasonable priced camera?
    It's a poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a
    word." -- Andrew Jackson (1829-1837)

When you buy the camera it'll come with software and a method to hook up to your computer. You start up the software, it finds your camera and gives you the option of looking at or copying the pictures into your computer.

I have one of the most inexpensive camera's around, it also doesn't have the extra bells and whistles like the higher priced ones have. I paid $64.00 including shipping. It has 1mega pixels, got it from overstock.com
    It's not an optical illusion...it just looks like one

Comment

if you have a reasonably new computer get a digital camera that has a USB output port on it. that way you can download the pics on any computer, not just the computer with the camera's software on it. it's really nice to be able to download the pics anywhere.

- jack

Comment

Re: posting pictures.........

Originally posted by russell
        I did`nt know which board to ask this on........But anyway which is the best way to go to post pictures ? Digital camera or 35mm and scanner? How does the camera download the pictures into the computer? How does it connect to the computer?
        I hate to be so goofy about this,but computers just ain`t my thang. Thanks a bunch.

russell

p.s. could you also recommend a good reasonable priced camera?
        WAL-MART has didital cams for about 49 bucks!
        ROCK

Comment

cnet.com has good research material...they review cameras from $50-$800+

USB is good...plug and play

Comment

Before I bought my first digital camera I spent nearly two months on this site. http://www.imaging-resource.com/DIGCAM01.HTM
            Some day I'm going to take the time to learn how to decrease the file size of the photo so I can post some pics here.

Comment

Main...do you have photoshop?...just open the image in photoshop then under the Image menu go to image size...then it'll display a dialog box where you can specify size and resolution

Comment

Nope, don't have photo shop but that doesn't mean I can't use a different program. What would be a good size and resolution for posting here?

Comment

Originally posted by Main
                  Nope, don't have photo shop but that doesn't mean I can't use a different program. What would be a good size and resolution for posting here?
                  Main, you can down load this program...ACDSee 5.0 and the optimizer add in with it. Rather than make the picture smaller, I "optimize" it with ACDSee's Real Optimizer program....what it does, is make your file size smaller, without making your picture smaller, It will reduce the file size from over 100kb to around 55 0r 60kb. ACDSee 5.0 is the fastest photo manager on the planet, with lots of bells and whistles. I highly recommend it.

Check it out...

http://www.acdsystems.com/English/P...CDSee/index.htm

My pics are most always 640 x 480 and they must be below 102K in order to post here. Then to write on the pictures I use Adobe Photoshop Elements. It has most all the features that are in Photoshop for a fraction of the price.

Comment

Main,

Try around 6" for a maximum dimension, height or width, whichever is greater. Don't lower your resolution unless your file size is over 100KB. Check file size using "properties" under File menu.

Reference camera: not trying to get into too many bells and whistles but if you can swing one with a removable memory card that you can use with a card reader, it's about as fast as you can get. Card out of camera, into reader, use your file management program (Windows Explorer, My Computer, etc.) to click and drag image files from card (acts like another drive) to your hard drive. It's basically instant.

Check previous posts. Rocky D and others have very good programs for this.

Dave
                    "Some days you're the dog, some days you're the fire hydrant"

Comment

posting pictures

russell,
                      you do not need a digital camera to post
                      a pic. i have my pictures in my documents
                      file. the reason i had problems posting
                      the picture of my old hacksaw was the
                      fact it was in the wrong file. after i
                      put it in the jpeg file, it posted ok.
                      try scanning it into my documents file,
                      and make sure it is in a jpeg file, then
                      try posting it.
                      william l. brown

Comment

I would think the digital camera would come with software that has the ability to resize. It my own case, I size it down to 800*600.
                        It's not an optical illusion...it just looks like one

Comment

I agree with Dave. Get a camera with a memory card and get a card reader. I had my camera for a couple of years before I got the card reader. After I got it, I said to myself why didn't I do this earlier? I set my camera on the lowest resolution setting. All of my pictures came in under the 100k limit but one. I used paint shop pro to tweak it to the right size. I also got a 64 meg card for my camera. It can hold up to 800 pictures. The batteries run down before I fill up the card. That reminds me. Get an extra set of batteries so when they do run down you can put in a fresh set. I like using the rechargable ones.
                          Art is dangerous!
                          www.PiedmontIronworks.com

Comment

if you get a camera that has memory cards and a USB output port you don't have to have a card reader. just plug up the usb cable and it recognizes the card in the camera as another drive. doesn't get any easier or simpler or faster than that and I can download the pics to any computer without special equipment.

- jack

Comment

As Aaron said, USB allows greater speed, especially with the card reader. What he forgot to mention is that using the camera to download sucks the batteries down very quickly. Card readers are too cheap not to get one.

Comment

Working...
                              X