deck gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deck gate

Here's a pic of the gate I made for my deck with my HH175. I made it out of 1x1 tube with 1/2 x1/2 bars.

I cut the ends of the tube at 45's and welded together using a cheapo welding jig I had. This jig held it at right angles so all I had to do was weld it up. Much to my dismay I got the 1x1 frame all welded together to find that even though everything was square it was still warped ... argghhhh .... some bending/banging/twisting got the thing back to being flat and not twisted.

With exception of the warping problem I'm quite pleased at how it turned out. Not too bad for a computer nerd I thought ...

- jack

MORPHEUS..........HEY IS THAT DOG GRINNING OR GROWLING AT YOU.........................OH NICE GATE ALSO.,.................ROCK.... [email protected]

Comment

neither ... they were slobbering all over the gate because I was grilling

- jack

Comment

MORPHEOUS...........HAHAHA...... ......... I ALWAYS TEND TO SLOBBER WHEN I'M GRILLING OUT ALSO..............ONCE AGAIN THAT IS A NICE PICTURE ...........ROCK....... [email protected]

Comment

Ya did good, Jack! I like it!

Comment

morpheus...Your gate

Morpheus that is a fine looking gate you have thier. If there is any warpage at all in that picture...It is hard to see.
            That is a nice picture as well. Quality of picture is good and so is the gate ^_^
            Tim

Comment

thanks Tim. I got most all of the warpage out before I welded the 1/2 x 1/2 bars in place.

- jack

Comment

Hey Jack I think your gate looks great, I hope those dogs dont keep slobbering all over that nice wood deck you have...JPC

Comment

Working...
                X