Deer Skinning Rack Prototype...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deer Skinning Rack Prototype...

Here is the first pic of my deer skinning rack. It is not totally finished. I have to add the boat winch and pulleys, and oh yeah the deer. I gave it the jump and hang test. It passed.

2" 3/16"square tubing on bottom. 1 1/2" sched. 40 pipe for lower section and 2" sched.40 pipe for the top two pieces. The supports are made of 3/16" plate.
    Todd Eldridge
    [email protected]
    Newbie Hobby Welder

2nd pic

no message just a pic.
    Todd Eldridge
    [email protected]
    Newbie Hobby Welder

Comment

Todd,

I'm assuming that you have a pin somewhere to raise and lower that thing, but I can't see it. Unless that is some trick photography, the second pick shows the rack much higher than in the first. Looks like a good sturdy job, now to get a big buck hanging from it.
      Arbo & Thor (The Junkyard Dog)
      The Next Loud Noise You Hear Is Me!

Comment

Right now there is a bolt, but I plan to put a spring loaded ball pull handle on it and a handle on the other side so you can raise it to whatever height you need. The 2nd pic is max height about 10'.
        Todd Eldridge
        [email protected]
        Newbie Hobby Welder

Comment

I was wonderin if you were huntin deer or dogs there in the first pick,but i wasn't gonna start a fight ,then i saw the second picture!nice job,good idea!

Comment

I wanted it to be collapsable so I could put it in the back of my truck easily.
            Todd Eldridge
            [email protected]
            Newbie Hobby Welder

Comment

Nice job. looks really good. don't let my neighbor see that or he want me to build him one.
              Art is dangerous!
              www.PiedmontIronworks.com

Comment

Todd,

Nice design. Thinking if you pinned (or bolted) a short section of the 2" pipe below the main part, you could pivot the upper boom. This could also be used to load/unload heavy stuff from the truck.
                You did say proto; I would radius that upper plate so it would not do a much damage when someone bangs their head into it.

Bob

Comment

After making the prototype. I have decided to make several changes. I haven't thought of the edges though. When I make the final version, I am going to post it here.
                  Todd Eldridge
                  [email protected]
                  Newbie Hobby Welder

Comment

Working...
                  X