Sonar Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonar Holder

I thought that I would share my second completed project. I have a folding portabote that I use for fishing and I needed a way to mount a fish finder without having it attached to the boat permanently. It was made from 3/4" sq tubing, some 3/8" threaded rod, fender washers (that I dished), small peice of 1/8" plate, and some wingnuts. The display ataches to the plate on top and can go up or down (4") and swivel 360 deg's. The transducer attaches to the bottom. The whole rig is placed over the transum and locked in place with the wingnuts. Did this with my HH135 and some scrap from my welding buddy. I'm having so much fun with this welder it's almost a crime...I am trying to add a picture, I hope it works...
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Neat project, good idea on how to get this setup so you dont have to drill holes in your boat.
    Thanks
    Gary Wolboldt

Comment

Hey that is a great idea , I love to go fishing but I dont have a outboard for my boat yet, So i rent them your way you can take your fish finder with you get away from the dock and stick it in the water ,very nice! JPC

Comment

Working...
      X