Finished 2nd Project take a look.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished 2nd Project take a look.

Tkae a look at the second project I did. My brother and law and myself gave it the 430LB. jumping test. It passed!!!
    Todd Eldridge
    [email protected]
    Newbie Hobby Welder

good job

Nice work Todd...

how much for the next one ???

I bought the H.F. cheapie and was pleased... don't use it that much and the tubing would have cost more than the finished product... course I did add some additional bracing under the ww fabric and some I-bolts for bungee cords... they are handy racks..

john
    My "project truck" has turned into 'garage art' !!!

Comment

Real nice job! Have you tried to take it into a gas station, yet? That is the reason that I had to raise mine...it dragged going in and out of places like that....and if it ever catches on something....ouch!

Comment

What no comment on my Dale Jr. tag???

This unit I built for a guy at work. When I brought it in this morning, two other guys want one too. I charged him $75. I already had the materials.
        Todd Eldridge
        [email protected]
        Newbie Hobby Welder

Comment

Originally posted by Srubrn
          What no comment on my Dale Jr. tag???

This unit I built for a guy at work. When I brought it in this morning, two other guys want one too. I charged him $75. I already had the materials.
          Looking at the tag made me notice that the vertical piece in the back is not on center.

I think you let it go too cheap....$125 to $150 is what it would go for out here....but then everything is higher in California. That's how we pay for the weather.

Comment

Can't explain why that happened. It did work out good though, it fell right in the middle of two pieces of the expanded metal.
            Todd Eldridge
            [email protected]
            Newbie Hobby Welder

Comment

Todd,
              What type material did you use for the main support and also for the rest of the project? I think I'll copy that one, excellent work!

Any one ever make one of these carriers that fold up? what would be the best way to hinge it into the up position?

Thanks for the inspiration Todd.
              Duke

Comment

I used 1 1/2"x 1 1/2" 1/8" angle with 3/4" tubing around it. The middle piece was 2"x2" 3/16" Also from left to right or vicaversa right in the middle long ways I used the same angle to give it more support.

I am going to build another this week but I think I am going to switch to 1"x1" square tubing and still use the angle in the middle from left ot right. Of couorse the part that goes in the receiver will still be 2"x2" 3/16.
                Todd Eldridge
                [email protected]
                Newbie Hobby Welder

Comment

SRUBURN............. AH I ALSO LIKE IT AND IT IS BETTER THAN SOME OF THE ONE'S I'VE SEEN GOING DOWN THE HIGHWAY.... YOUR KNOW THE ONES THAT HAVE BEEN OVER LOADED AND NOW SAG DOWN TOWARD THE ROAD.................???????????.....EARNHEART JR.............HUMMMMM WHO IS THAT GUY DOESN'T HE DRIVE FOR DEI INC............. 1 LAP DOWN @DAYTONA 500, MICHALE WALTRIP'S TEAM MATE...... HMMM NEVER HEARD OF THEM.................... ........ROCK

[email protected]

Comment

Looks really good. I have a similar test. I call it the Chad test. If I built something like that then I would probably round up a neighbor or two for testing. I would add a few scrolls but that is just me. Great work. It should last a long time.
                    Art is dangerous!
                    www.PiedmontIronworks.com

Comment

CHADRAT..........WELL I NEED TO ASK..... WHY ARE YOU A JACK RABBIT HATER...........?................................. ......ROCK
                      [email protected]

Comment

man, I hate jack rabbits. Where I live when it snows the only thing above ground that is green is my bushes. Those **** jack rabbits eat my bushes! I just hate them! I need to build a lil fence around them to keep the jack rabbits out.
                        Art is dangerous!
                        www.PiedmontIronworks.com

Comment

WELL YOU COULD IRRADICATE THEM, MY GUESS IS THEY TASTE JUST ABOUT LIKE SNOW SHOE HARE'S RIGHT.............. OR DO THEY EAT TO MUCH SAGE TO BE GOOD TO EAT.........................ROCK
                          [email protected]

Comment

Just what the doctor ordered

Chad Rat, here you go!

Comment

COPE.....CHADRAT........THAT WOULD BE WWW.RAPIDFIRE.COM... THAT IS PRETTY GOOD.......................CHECK IT OUT..........ROCK
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X