Projects/Rocky D..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projects/Rocky D..........

Wow! I like the new forum! Seen a bunch of pictures here of different projects and now I got the urge to scan a bunch of my projects for the viewing. Gonna have to shortly.

Hey Rocky, what exactly was that very large fabricated piece of equipment you scanned all of those pictures of? I believe you had it under the heading "spray transfer." I hope you didn't give yourself a hernia moving that thing around, but it looks like you had a forklift for some help.

Slagman

Re: Projects/Rocky D..........

Originally posted by Slagman
    Wow! I like the new forum! Seen a bunch of pictures here of different projects and now I got the urge to scan a bunch of my projects for the viewing. Gonna have to shortly.

Hey Rocky, what exactly was that very large fabricated piece of equipment you scanned all of those pictures of? I believe you had it under the heading "spray transfer." I hope you didn't give yourself a hernia moving that thing around, but it looks like you had a forklift for some help.

Slagman
    Yeah, I had a 8000 pound forklift.

What the machine does that these jaw plates were made for is stretch sheet aluminum over a form block to form an irregular shape, under 125 tons of pressure. The things that I made hold clamps that clamp tight to the metal. There are 40 clamps at a cost of $10,000, each. I will post a picture of the machine in action soon.
    This picture shows the red part in the middle is where the form block is mounted. That is on a ram that pushes out while the clamps hold the sheet stock. Here, the clamps are not mounted.

Comment

Working...
    X