Stickmate® LX 235 AC / 160 DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stickmate® LX 235 AC / 160 DC

I am interested in the Stickmate 235 but it states the input required is 230V. Does this mean you can't plug into your dryer outlet, which is 220? Do you need special outlet just for 230?

voltage

220/230 the welder will work with either voltage. You will need a different plug for the typical dryer connection though. Easiest way is a short pigtail adapter.

Comment

Thanks,

Kevin

Comment

HI KEVIN..............WELL SIR THAT MACHINE DRAWS MORE CURRENT THAN YOUR DRYER PLUG HAS AVAILABLE........... CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL ELECTRICIAN HE CAN HELP FOR YOUR CODES IN YOUR AREA..................BE SAFE NOW,..............ROCK
        [email protected]

Comment

How much current will the sickmate draw 80 Amps, if so all need to do is chech so see how big the breaker is on that 220 circuit? I'm not at home right now but what is going to be 50 Amps?

Comment

Here we go.... most likely it's going to be 10 guage wire, 30 Amp breaker @ 220V. So, I am better off wiring a new plug at 220 , 6 guage wire and a 80 Amp breaker. Am I off the beatin path, or is this the right direction?

Comment

wiring

The Stickmate draws 47 amps according to Hobart. I would run 6-3 and use a 50 amp breaker.

Comment

KEN W...........WELL SIR THE STICKMATE DRAWS 47.5 I THINK AT FULL OUTPUT...........HOW EVER IF YOU STRIKE THE ARC AT FULL OUTPUT YOU GET A HUGH IN RUSH IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF 75 AMPS FOR A BRIEF 2-3 SECOND TIME FRAME...........ENOUGH TO CAUSE NUISANCE CIRCUIT BREAKER TRIPPING...........IF YOUR NOT GOING TO USE THE TOP END YOU STAY BELOW 50 AMPS IN RUSH YOU WILL BE OK...............CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL ELECTRICIAN.........ROCK....................
                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                X