Hey Rock!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I get emails from the W32Klez virus 5 or 6 times a day, and Norton AntiVirus quarentines them, but can't repair them, so I just go through a ritual of quarentining and deleting, quarentining and deleting, quarentining and deleting.

NAV assures me that my system is clean, though. That's a good thing!

Leave a comment:

• jeffm
    replied
    blame misplacement

Originally posted by cope
    Best defense is Norton anti virus with regular updates.
    Or install Linux
    The virus exploits are known flaws in Microsoft Lookout and Lookout Express. Norton might block viruses but doesn't really fix anything, it just allows M$ to keep writing buggy wares.

People get mad at virus writers when it's Microsoft that looks away when such racket happens. The fact that they're own SQL servers got bugged last week since they didn't apply they're own hotfix proves this.
    Besides, anyone who studies they're FLC properly knows that society prepares the crime, the criminal merely commits it
    Last edited by jeffm; 02-01-2003, 03:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cope
    replied
    viruses

Scott, in most cases, the person who sent you the virus didn't actually send it. His name is on someone's address book or he has sent them an email and the name is taken by the virus. I have had this happen many times lately. In addition to the problems related to fixing the damage caused by the virus, the PC user gets upset at an innocent 3rd party to the problem. Best defense is Norton anti virus with regular updates.

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied
    Rock,I use to think that viruses where kind of funny.Thats before my sister give me a free computer.Now my free computer has cost me over $300.00 to fix some of the attacks.Now all the fun is out of it.In fact I would like to have some fun with the person that does this s**t.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    HAHAHA...........I'M NOT INFECTED........ ..........ROCK[email protected]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    NOPE NONE OF MY CONTACTS........HOWEVER ACCORDING TO MY INTERNAL TECHNICAL SECURITY GUY MY NAME IS PROABABLY ON SOMEONE'S CONTACT LIST AND YOUR GETTING SPAMMED FORM THERE.......... MY NAME ON ITW WEB SITES IS CLEAR, YAHOO SITE CLEAR, ETC..................ROCK
    [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• jeffm
    replied
    virus friggin' virus

Lads,
    Note that there are several viruses out there that fake email addresses. F'rinstance:
    Rock sends Skeeter McPheeter an email. Later, while browsing ****, Skeet's machine gets infected with something like BugBear or Klex. These virii contain there own SMTP engine, and have the ability to raid Skeet's address book, randomly pull Rocks name out of it, and sends the whole mess to Haak, along with hundreds of other users. Haak calls Rock about a mail he didn't send, etc, it all gets real messy and hard to track down.

Rock may very well be infected for all I know, but for the record the above happens at my job about ninety times a day. For any weldors interested in a career in computers, take my advice, stick to welding!

Leave a comment:

• Dave Haak
    replied
    Virus

Rock,

Thanks for checking. I'm OK, my NAV caught everything. It stopped shortly after it started, last night. I'm surprised it was just me and not anyone else.

Just curious, does the e-mail address [email protected] mean anything to you? It showed up along with your SSCOTT address in the path........all in CAPS.........strange.........

Thanks.

Dave

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    DAVE..............MY SCRREN IS CLEAN OF ANY VIRUS'S, ALSO YAHOO DOES HAVE A PROBLEM, MY SHIELD IS IN PLACE AND NO BUGS HAVE EATEN THRU...............NO WORMS............. ARE YOU DIALED IN AND OK NOW........................ ...................................ROCK
    [email protected]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ARE YOU SURE NOTHING ON MY NORTON ANTI-VIRUS....... HOWEVER I DID GET SPAMMED THE OTHER DAY FROM YAHOO.COM ON ANOTHER TALK FORUM I'M INVOLVED WITH.......
    I CHECKED ALL AND SEEN NOTHING...........HOWEVER I WILL SHIP THIS UP TO ITS AND SEE WHAT THEY CAN FIND................WILL SEE WHAT IS UP ANYONE ELSE GETTING SPAMMED??????????
    ROCK......... [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• Dave Haak
    started a topic Hey Rock!!

Hey Rock!!

Rock,

Check your PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm being bombarded with viruses!!!!!!!!!!

The path leads back to you!!!!!!!! [email protected] and what is [email protected]?????????

Is it just me?

Dave
Working...
X