Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobart weld-it stick electrodes

Hey you Hobart guys!
    I noticed the other day at Harbor Freight that they are selling weld-it brand rods in a 1/16" size for E6011, E6013, E7014, and E7018. I've seen the small sizes for the E6013 from other vendors as well, but was suprised to find the other types available in a 1/16" dia. especially when the hobart website for 'weld-it' as well as hobart filler materials doesn't indicate those sizes. Are these specially packaged for retail shops? They appeared to be only available in 1 lb. packages. Any other place to get these sizes?

thanks,
    dseman

1/16" rods

Haven't looked for them lately but I bought a large box of 1/16" 7014 years ago. Don't remember the size of the box, but I have a shoebox full still. They aren't easy to weld with.

Comment

DSEMAN.............JUST CALL THE HOBART INSTITUTE OF WELDING TECHNOLOGY........1/16 7014 IS NO LONGER MADE BY US AND HAS NOT BEEN AVAILABLE FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS SAY 98-99 TIME FRAME....... MUST BE MADE FOR RETAIL MARKET BY SOME OTHER COMPANY..............REGHARDS..................... ................ROCK
      [email protected]

Comment

Hobart weld-it stick electrodes

Rock,
        The boxes I saw at H.F. were boxes with hobart and weld-it stamped on them. So you're sure that hobart doesn't make any
        1/16" in e7014,6011, or 6013? I know that you guys stilll make the 1/16 for e6013.
        -dseman

I'll check with the institute, but these boxes were clearly a hobart product.

Comment

DSEMAN.........YEP I'M PRETTY SURE I TALKED TO AN ENGINEER, IF THEY HAVE THAT NAME (HOBART) ON IT, IT IS EITHER MADE BY ANOTHER OUTFIT FOR THE RETAIL FOLKS OR ANOTHER ITW COMPANY IS MAKEING THEM FOR HOBARTS RETAIL BUSINESS..... MY SOURCES ARE FAIRLY ACCURATE AND LONG TIME AQUANTANCES..........................ROCK
          [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X