3045fc Miller Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3045fc Miller Feeder

HI GUYS...........MY DESIGN ENGINEER BRIAN (WHO ANSWERS QUESTIONS ON OCCASSION ON THIS SITE) HAS ASKED IF ANYONE HAS SEEN THIS NEW FEEDER OR WELDED WITH IT?????????... I NOW OWN ONE AND I LIKE MINE.....BUT I WORK HERE.... HE IS LOOKING FOR AN UNBIASED OPINION................ I WONDER IF HE THINKS I'M OPINIONATED ALSO.................. ...... ANYWAY IT IS A VOLTAGE SENSING FEEDER, SET UP FOR FLUX- CORED WIRE ONLY, BUT HAS THE OPTIONS TO DROP IN A GAS VALVE AND RUN GAS AS WELL.......................ROCK
    [email protected]

Hey Rock....send me one to try out...I'll hook it up to my Champ16! Seriously...if any of the dealers in my area have a demo unit I would be glad to give you some feedback on it.

Comment

THANKS WILL...............MOST DEALERS SHOULD HAVE ONE BY NOW.............ROCK[email protected]

Comment

What kind of questions are you asking about it? Give us a list of questions.

Comment

Feeder?

Rock,I haven't welded with that one,but whats the deal that you have to plug it in to 120 volts?That just ruins the feeder for my setup.I would like my lincoln 305g to run at low idle till I pull the trigger.I do think the 8VS,and the 12VS are my answer.Or just buy a proven LN25.If I am going to have to plug anything in it will be my LN9 GMA feeder.I also had a older s32s feeder that worked good,but had always hot wire.Which is a pain without lots of practice.My friend at the welding store where I buy from said the 12VS are super cool feeders.He sells tons of LN25 feeders.He was really impressed with that miller feeder.

Comment

Scott, the reason for the 115V input, is............$$$$. You're right, this feeder may not be for everyone. The 3045FC is not a heavy duty feeder like the 8VS or 12VS or any of the Lincoln machines you mentioned, but the price is about half as much. The 3045FC has a list price (I think) of $749, which includes an M25 gun (which I believe lists for around $300). Forgive me if I'm incorrect, but I believe the S32P is $1049 list, the Suitcase 8VS is $1250 list, and the Suitcase 12VS is $1511 list. For someone that wants a VS feeder, but doesn't need the rating of a heavy duty one, the 3045FC is a good alternative. The rating is up to 225A @ 30% duty cycle, 175A @ 60% duty cycle. When you run the feeder off your power source's weld voltage, as in all the previously mentioned feeders, it costs $$. Like I stated before, we just wanted to offer a less expensive feeder for someone that would like to have one, but doesn't want to shell out the big bucks for a heavy duty suitcase feeder. I probably didn't answer your question too well, but I tried. Thanks for the feedback!

Brian

Comment

ROCKY D..........ANY FEEDBACK IS WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR... BE IT GOOD OR BAD..........WILL THANKS LET US KNOW WHAT YOU FIND OUT.......YOUR LIKES AND DISLIKES...........SCOTT V THANKS YOU SIR THAT IS THE EXACT TYPE OF FEED BACK WERE LOOKING FOR ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING...........HOW ELSE CAN WE IMPROVE UNLESS WE KNOW WHAT THE CUSTOMER IS LOOKING FOR...........I ALSO OWN AN S32P WHICH WORKS WELL, AND SOME HEFTY FEEDERS, AND A 3045FC FEEEDER AND SOME OTHER'S...............YOU GET THE IDEA..............JUST VOICE YOUR OPINIONS THEY CARRY MORE WEIGHT THAN YOU KNOW........ROCK
              [email protected]

Comment

Feeders

That, feeder could be a good one for the legend.If you wanted to keep the noise down.Just a thought.One more good thing about the legend.I do know one thing about the voltage sensing type feeders.If you mess up,and hook it up to ac instead of dc they don't like it.Plus the boards for those type feeders are big bucks.Sometimes I like to learn the hard way.That is one reason I no longer have a Miller s32s feeder.They are tough feeders,but I found a way to break one.I don't like to throw stuff away so I sent the feed motor off to a guy in MI,who has converted it in to a table feed for a milling machine.I will post picks when he gets it done.I thought it was a great motor for that.So now I am starting to look around for a voltage sensing type feeder thats dc only.Just to idiot proof it from myself.The only one I have seen that fits that bill is the esab plastic case one.I can't remember which model # is is at this time.Maybe Miller could make a cheaper feeder by doing something like that?The ones Miller has now takes a 24 volt control cable.Just a thinking out loud.
                Scott

Comment

Re: Feeders

Originally posted by Scott V
                  So now I am starting to look around for a voltage sensing type feeder thats dc only.Just to idiot proof it from myself.The only one I have seen that fits that bill is the esab plastic case one.I can't remember which model # is is at this time.Maybe Miller could make a cheaper feeder by doing something like that?The ones Miller has now takes a 24 volt control cable.Just a thinking out loud.
                  Scott
                  Scott, I am curious what you mean by DC only, do you mean you want something that does not have a control cable, or do you mean something else? The Esab I believe you are refering to is the Mobile Master 4, I am not sure what would make this different from any other voltage sensing feeder ie 8vs, 12vs, or LN25 in the dc only respect. The AC/DC issue would be decided by the unit powering the feeder wouldn't it? Just curious. Also as an FYI the ESAB lists at $1406 without a gun.

Comment

Opps,

Brian,I meant cv dc only,not cc/cv dc.What I did to my Miller s32s feeder is hooked it up to my ac/dc inverter,and forgot to turn off the ac.Should of had it on dc.What I meant about the Miller 12vs voltage sensing type is to maybe leave out the cc part to make it like the esab feeder a voltage sensing cv/dc only.I don't know if that would make it cheaper or not.Thats kind of where I was headed.It might not make any sense for miller to do so,but in my case I could see value in it.I don't need cc/dc operation.I have a spool gun,and box that I can use for that.Brian I hope I you get what I am trying to say.

Comment

3045 FC with Trailblazer 44G

Just used the 3045 FC with my 44G today on a fence job. Seems to be an excellent machine with plenty of capacity. .035 flux-core, o/h going to vertical, going to horiz--welding top rail to posts. Only drawback was I couldn't get it to run as CV on GMAW function of power unit. Operator error? Equipment problem? Put almost 9# of wire thru it in 5 hrs, MAJOR sunburn after forgetting to roll shirt sleeves down. OOPS!!
                      Miller 360A/BP----Miller 44G--K-4000 Arcair--3045FC--Hobart Ultra-flex 350

Comment

I currently have and use both of the new 12 series Miller feeders, the vs one and the one with the control cable. I had them both modified by a local dealer so I could use the same gun as I do on my LN 25, keeps expense of tips and special goosenecks down, I find the new Miller feeders to be as smooth and durable as the LN 25 running innershield and I use the one with the control cable to run .045 dualshield in the field. I would have never looked at a Miller field type feeder in the past (LN 25 only) but these two have been great!!

Comment

Rock, I bought one few months ago. Am using it on a Champion 16 to weld up corrals have about 10 hrs. on it so far and it seems to do the job fine but is considerably slower than 7018, but for small stuff outside it is ok. It will be great in places on equipment in the field and in close placesfor me anyway I.m getting old and stiff don't bend well anymore. It's good on the farm and in the fields. Just my 2 cents
                          [B]The orginal "point and click interface" Was a Smith & Wesson!

Comment

3045fc

Hey all,
                            I use my 3045fc on a regular basis w/my Champion 10k its only CC, but so far No problems. I am looking into upsize the sleve to.45 for heavier apps. The only thing is the wires are kind of a pain in the field, but I just Zip tied them. Havent installed the Gas conversion solonoid, because to Date I have not needed it. Otherwise its a good feeder.

Cheers
                            Sometimes I wonder if Common sense is still Common ....

Comment

I bought one when they first came out ,havent had any trouble with mine,used it in CC mode only.But will try it on CV mode to see if i have same problem getting it to work as one post had.I run mine off of a trailblazer.

Comment

Working...
                              X