Miller Jacket and Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Jacket and Books

This might be of interest to some of the members. I bought the MILLER STUDENT PACKAGE from Miller for $25.00. It includes almost all of the books, like the GMAW book and the GTAW books plus quite a few more. It also has the three Miller calculators and an offer for a free Miller jacket. For the jacket, you would have had to buy a Miller welder. Only certain ones apply. The jacket is heavy denim with an embroidered Miller label over the ****** pocket. I thought it was a nice gesture on Miller's part to offer the jacket and it's a great deal on the books, also. If you are interested, it's on the Miller site under 'Training Packages'. If you decide to get one, you may want to call them to see what machines are included in the offer, but at the time I got mine, these were the ones:
    Thunderbolt XL AC
    Thunderbolt XL AC/DC
    Econotig
    Millermatic 135
    Millermatic 175
    Millermatic Vintage
    Millermatic 210
    Millermatic 251
    Millermatic Pulser

Sounds like an advertisement and it may not be proper to post a message like this, but I thought I'd try it anyway. I hope no one is offended.

Rock - don't forget my commission!

Re: Miller Jacket and Books

Originally posted by Mowjunk
    This might be of interest to some of the members. I bought the MILLER STUDENT PACKAGE from Miller for $25.00. It includes almost all of the books, like the GMAW book and the GTAW books plus quite a few more. It also has the three Miller calculators and an offer for a free Miller jacket. For the jacket, you would have had to buy a Miller welder. Only certain ones apply. The jacket is heavy denim with an embroidered Miller label over the ****** pocket. I thought it was a nice gesture on Miller's part to offer the jacket and it's a great deal on the books, also. If you are interested, it's on the Miller site under 'Training Packages'. If you decide to get one, you may want to call them to see what machines are included in the offer, but at the time I got mine, these were the ones:
    Thunderbolt XL AC
    Thunderbolt XL AC/DC
    Econotig
    Millermatic 135
    Millermatic 175
    Millermatic Vintage
    Millermatic 210
    Millermatic 251
    Millermatic Pulser

Sounds like an advertisement and it may not be proper to post a message like this, but I thought I'd try it anyway. I hope no one is offended.

Rock - don't forget my commission!

Looks like something I am interested in. Thanks.

BTW..here is the link
    http://www.millerwelds.com/main/educ...ning_packages/

Bob
    Short Term Memory GONE!!
    Hobby Weldor/Machinist
    Photobucket Shop Pics

Comment

mowjunk,
      thanks for posting the information.i just bought a new mm175 last monday, it's still in the box,i haven't had time to get it out yet. i'll give miller a call and post what i find out! chumly.

i tried to hook up to millers website,couldn't make the link, so i gave miller a call,got customer service, they didn't know anything about a jacket. got sales, same story. chumly
      Last edited by chumly; 01-14-2003, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Chumly. to get the jacket, you need the form in the student package. I think you have to call a different number for the training stuff and book stuff. If you try again, tell them you want to buy a book and they will transfer you to the right place. When there, ask them about the training package and they will tell you what's in it.

Comment

mowjunk,
          thanks, i made the link and sent them an e-mail.waiting for a response. chumly.

Comment

HAHA...........I KNEW ABOUT THE OFFER BUT DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THE JACKET...........SO I WILL CALL MR. BOGENSHUTES AT THE TRAINING CENTER AND SEE IF I CAN GET A FREE ONE........ FOR ME.............PROBABLY NOT, SEEMS LIKE EVERYTIME I DO ONE OF THEIR SCHOOLS I GET HATS INSTEAD.............OF COURSE HE IS OUT TEACHING A CLASS AND WON'T BE BACK UNTIL THE 21ST............ROCK

[email protected]

Comment

mowjunk,
              i finaly got through on the telephone, i don't give my credit card no. on the internet. got the student package coming. the phone no. is 920-735-4356,press 2. if anyone else is interested. thanks! chumly.

Comment

If you want, ya can just check out the cool stuff in the Miller Store! Super cool hats and jackets! and STUFF!

Comment

You're right, Rocky. I ordered some stuff from them and they are really nice to deal with. So far, so good with these Miller people!

BTW, are you sure you're only 60?

And, I also worked out a plan for those gussets you suggested on my cart. Thanks.....

Comment

cool info. Ordered my student package yesterday; think I qualify for the jacket as I now have the SD180, the MM210 and last week picked up my Spectrum 625. This should (according to my better half did ) complete my shop with welding equipment. Now if I can just finish my dump truck and complete the welding school at the college I can get on to some fun projects. Thanks to all that contribute to such a great site I know i've picked up an awful lot of good info and help. Harold
                    Harold
                    Craftsman Colormatic AC
                    Victor Journyman Setup
                    Syncrowave 180 SD
                    MM210 With Spoolgun
                    Dynasty 200 DX
                    Spectrum 625 Plasma Cutter
                    Miller HD Tape Measure

Comment

Originally posted by Mowjunk
                      You're right, Rocky. I ordered some stuff from them and they are really nice to deal with. So far, so good with these Miller people!

BTW, are you sure you're only 60?

And, I also worked out a plan for those gussets you suggested on my cart. Thanks.....
                      I'm only 60 on the outside...I'm really 19 on the inside!!

Yeah, even little gussets put in the right place will beef your weldment up a whole lot!

Comment

Working...
                      X