weld-it flux-core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weld-it flux-core

I was in my local TSC store today and picked up some Weld-it flux-core wire with a E71t-11 designation. Several months ago I was told by Rock that this wire was being discontinued. This wire is not presently listed by Hobart in their Weld-it products.

Am I to assume that this is old stock or is this wire still being produced? They had plenty of it in .030" 2#, .030" 10#, .035" 2# and .035" 10#.

If this is old stock what kind of shelf life could one expect when stored sealed and in a cool dry place? I might want to stock up on some if it is in limited supply and has a long shelf life when sealed.
    bitternut

Re: weld-it flux-core

Originally posted by bitternut
    I was in my local TSC store today and picked up some Weld-it flux-core wire with a E71t-11 designation. Several months ago I was told by Rock that this wire was being discontinued. This wire is not presently listed by Hobart in their Weld-it products.

Am I to assume that this is old stock or is this wire still being produced? They had plenty of it in .030" 2#, .030" 10#, .035" 2# and .035" 10#.

If this is old stock what kind of shelf life could one expect when stored sealed and in a cool dry place? I might want to stock up on some if it is in limited supply and has a long shelf life when sealed.
    I wouldn't worry about E71T-11 going away...the part number is the same, on the E71T-GS....It runs as well if not better than -11 wire. I think they just don't want to keep printing two different labels for the same wire. The GS, I'm told just means something about not government specified. Your driver should be, if you can get it cheaper than the GS.
    As far as, shelf life it will keep as long as you want it, and it doesn't get rusty. Not a cool place, tho....just sealed and dry.

Comment

NOT TO WORRY...............CHANGED THE NAME AND CHEMICAL COMPOSITION.......................SHELF LIFE IS GOOD WHEN SEALED I HAVE SOME THA I'VE HAD 3 YEARS IN THE GARAGE. I WOULDN'T BE AFRAID TO USE IT......................ROCK
      [email protected]

Comment

OK......I will get some extra and squirrel it away for when I need to do some multi-pass welds since E71T-GS is only good for single pass. I will take Rocky's advice and store it in the house where it is warm and dry. Thanks for the advice and sharing your experience.
        bitternut

Comment

Working...
        X