Iam ready to buy my next mig welder
    Ican not decide betwwen the miller matic 210
    and the hobart 210. i am open to all opinions
    on which one is a better choice.so fell free to let me know
    how you feel.

What is your present MIG welder?
    crj

Comment

The Miller 210 has a lot easier of a spoolgun setup than the Hobart model, if you are planning on ever doing any aluminum welding with the unit. The Miller comes completely spoolgun ready and needs nothing added to it for the spoolgun. It has two gas solenoids in it, one for the mig gun and one for the spoolgun. It also has seperate trigger amphenols to trigger in either gun. The Miller 210 is absolute gun on demand. Leave both hooked up and just pick up the gun you want to use and squeeze the trigger.
      MikeG

Comment

The Millermatic 210 also has a better wire feed roll system and gun then the Ironman 210. And also the Millermatic 210 has a much better duty cycle.

If you do a search on this site for MM210 or Ironman210 you should find some more info.
        MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
        Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

MM 210

I recieved mine for Christmas. I am really enjoying it. It is easy to set up and use. I bought mine for farm repair. I have welded some 1/2 and some 5/8 so far and it seems to be doing great.

Dan dont you have a MM210?
          Ted

Comment

Re: MM 210

Originally posted by Tedlee7
            I recieved mine for Christmas. I am really enjoying it. It is easy to set up and use. I bought mine for farm repair. I have welded some 1/2 and some 5/8 so far and it seems to be doing great.

Dan dont you have a MM210?
            Ted

Yes, I do have a MM 210. I got it last Christmas when Miller was being generous and offering it with a free spool gun. Some people at Miller came up with some good ideas when they put this machine together. Im still excited about my recent spray transfer experiments that I performed with it. I had always wanted a machine at home that I could do spray transfer with , but the wife would never OK the funds for a 250 amp machine. But now thanks to some good designing by Miller I ended up with a machine that will produce spray transfer at a level that meets my home useage requirements.
            MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
            Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

LONNIE.......IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO WHAT YOUR GOING TO DO AND HOW MUCH MONEY YOUR SPENDING...............TELL US WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING AND IF ALUMINUM IS EVER INVOLVED..... LOTS OF US HAVE IDEAS HERE......................ROCK
              [email protected]

Comment

miller vs hobart

THANKS GUYS I WAS LEANING TOWARDS THE MILLER
                BUT WANTED SOME ASSURANCE. MY PRESENT WELDER WAS
                A 145 AMP MILLER .WICH WAS RECENTLY STOLEN BY SOME
                LOSER THAT DECIDED HE NEEDED IT MORE THEN I DID
                I WILL BE USING IT FOR FARM WORK.AND WOULD LIKE TO UPGRADE TO SOMETHING BIGGER FOR POSSIBLE
                1\2 INCH STEEL AND ALUMN.

Comment

LONNIE........THIEVES AGGERVATE ME TOO NO END. WE RECENTLY HAD SOME TIRES, BRAKE DRUMS, AND BRAKES STOLEN OFF OF A TRAILER.......THEN THE SORRY BUZZARDS STOLE OUR SMALL UTILITY TRIALER TO ROLL THE TIRES AND WHOLE SET UP ONTO IT AND RUN OFF WITH THAT ALSO............SO NOW THE SEMI IS SETTING THERE WAITING FOR THE INSURANCE COMPANY TO COME ACROSS WITH THE $$$$$$$$$$.......OH YEA YOU GUESSED IT IT HAS A LOAD SETTING ON IT TOO.........SEE WERE STILL LOOSEING $$$$$$$$$$$........OH WELL I COULD GO ON AND ON BUT WILL HALT HERE.................. EITHER MACHINE WILL DO WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR HERE............. JUST BOILS DOWN TO ANEMITIES AND ACCESSORY'S...............YOUR CALL............. LOCK THE BARN MAN............................................... .ROCK
                  [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                  X