Miller Legend 301G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Legend 301G

I would like to Know if anybody has seen the new Miller Legend?This is what millers brain trust should be doing.They took the Legend,and turned it into a great machine.I really like my Lincoln 305g it's a great welding machine.In fact it was down to the 305G vs the Trailblazer 301g I picked the the Lincoln,but if they had the Legend out at that time it really would have made for way harder pick.Nice work.Thats the way to bring out a machine.Keep the good points,and just add thing to it make package that nobody else has.See I don't alway knock Millers.Just the ones that are not moving forward.

Just wandering what you like so much better about the Legend over the Trailblazer? Chub380

Comment

Legend

It runs at 1800 rpm for power then you can bump it up to 3000 rpm to weld up to 225 amps.then if you need more bump it up to around 3700 rpm for 300 amps.Can you say long lasting,and better fuel mileage.Its also quieter.It loses in peak 240 volt amps but is a fair trade to me.I have 10,000 watts power in my Lincoln,but probally will never need that much.The only time for me would be for plasma cutting,and maybe running my ac/dc inverter on the engine drive.But for a welder for around the house for back up power it would be hard to beat.Thats why it a hard pick.There is a trade off in everything.The legend was not in the same ballpark as the trailblazer before now it right there. Its just a matter what you think is the most important.It does lose its ac arc out of the deal,but gains cv/cc dc arc.More than a fair trade.Now if they keep moving forward with that thing.They could have a engine drive that nobody,even lincoln could catch for years.I still like my lincoln the best its killer,but miller is really trying,and thats good.The engine drives just keep getting better and better.I like that in a company.Its real hard to do in your whole product line.Thats why I dislike some of their welders,and really like others.It goes with all welding companys.Thats why some people think I picking on millers,but ask me about thermal arcs engiine drives.you will see me picking on them also.Every body does something better or worse than the other guy.I like millers just not every one.

Comment

I'm with you on your analysis of the Legend series of welder. I have used a older model , and found it to be an exceptional power plant. The 4-pole stator really provides stable electrical
        output, much more so than the typical 2-pole 3600 unit,with
        regards to frequency stabilization.

Comment

After reading your post, and responding, I got to thinking about "the old days" (10+ years), and using that Legend welder/generator..I checked out the Miller website to see how much the new Legend had changed from the model I used to have, and I could not find it listed any more. Did they drop it from their product line and bring it back recently?

Comment

I like IT!

AC/DC,its in the 2003 catalog.It also has something more than the old ones a 14 pin receptacle .Its really a nice setup.Somebody at miller should get a raise.

Comment

SCOTT V.......WELL SOMEONE FROM MILLER NOTICED YOUR COMMENTS I ASKED SCOTT ABOUT IT AND HE SAID THE INFORMATION WAS FORWARDED TO JOHN WHO I BELIEVE IS THE PROJECT CORDINATOR IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN.......GLAD YOU LIKE IT THE 14 PIN RECEPTICLE IS FOR CURRENT CONTROL.........SEE SOMEONE NOTICED........................RJOCK
              [email protected]

Comment

Take a look at the Legend.

Miller has some info on the Legend on their website.Take a look.

http://www.millerwelds.com/main/prod...driven/M00146/

Comment

Working...
                X