Purchasing an old dayton/miller welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing an old dayton/miller welder

Looking at buying an old dayton/miller 250 ac/dc welder. this appears to be at least 25yrs. old. Anyone have any experiance with this welder and are parts still available. is this a good reliable unit? Any comments are appreciated.

dayto/miller

If it was sold thoriugh Grainger, you can check with them for parts availability. Another option is checking with a local welding machine repair shop. Most of the older welders are pretty bullet proof.

Comment

Do you know or can you get the serial number of the machine in question? This would help to see what is available.
      Thanks
      matt

Comment

MANOFSTEEL.....MATT IS CORRECT THE SERIAL NUMBER TELLS ALL, YEAR OF MANUFACTURE AND WHAT IT IS...........ROUND IT UP WE CAN TELL YOU FACTS......................ROCK...........
        [email protected]

Comment

Rock,
          I have the serial # numbers of the welders I purchased, A Dayton model 3z564, 250amp ac/dc buzz box ssn. W227990. The next unit is a neat engine driven portable Hobart G-180-K, ssn 81WS08848, spec. 6270-1 w/Kohler gas engine. Are their any manuals still available for the units? The Hobart engine drive welder needs the micro switch that allows you to use the ac outlets (spring missing). You have to hold in the little button to get the outlets to work. Both units are in super condition...the guy I purchased them from really took care of his equipment.

Thank you
          Walt

Comment

MANOFSTEEL........YOUR IN LUCK ON ONE..........THE 81 SERIAL NUMBERED ON IS A 1981 SERIAL NUMBER.......THAT MANUAL IS STILL AVAILABLE THRU ELLEN IN THE MANUALS DEPARTMENT PRICE IS $15.00 USA FUNDS...........ORDER IT BY THE SPECIFICATION NUMBER 6270-1......... IF THAT IS A CORRECT SERIAL NUMBER ON THE OTHER ONE THEN IT IS NOT SOMETHING WE MADE..........WE MILLER/HOBART DID NOT HAVE SERIAL NUMBER WITH W227........ THE HIGHEST OURS WENT WAS W155 BUT WE DID MAKE SOME DAYTON UNITS........BUT NOT WITH THAT SERIAL NUMBER OTHER WELDER MANUFACTURERES HAVE BYUT NOT US.......WITH YOUR W227 SERIAL NUMBER.........HOPE THIS HELPS......................ROCK.......
            [email protected]

Comment

Dayton welder

That part number is for a current 250 amp AC/DC welder. I would contact Grainger with the serial number. They should be able to help you.

800-877-0150 or

http://www.grainger.com

Comment

Many thanks to Rock and Cope regarding the info on the old welders...Manuals are on their way.

Comment

man of steel

Glad I could help. That old welder should be around for a long time. Any idea yet who made it?

Comment

The Buzz box was indeed made by Dayton Mfg. and still sells in the current Grainger catalog. Little has changed in the 20 yrs since my model was mfg.

Comment

Working...
                    X