Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Rocky,

Now that my eyes are creeping up on 50 yrs old, I am continually monitoring the improvements being made to AD lenses, and trying to find the best quality lens, view wise, that is reasonably priced. By reasonably price, I mean falls in the price range that won't upset my Wife if I buy it.

Anyway last week, I picked up one of Miller's newly released Digital Elite hoods with the ClearLight technology lens. I got to try the lens out last night with AC TIG, repairing some two step aluminum stands. What I saw through the lens while welding was quite impressive. With a shade 10 or 11 setting, I could see the silver color of the aluminum stand, along with the silver color of the weld bead and the weld puddle. The over all view is also very clear and well defined.
    The Elite that I have was clear, also, but when I got to 50 years, I noticed that my eyes required more light, so I drifted down to a 9 then to an 8, for TIG and 9 for MIG and stick. But the main reason I switched to the Speedglas was the weight. The Miller hood was just too heavy for the bulging discs in my neck, (Weldors Neck, I call it) . The Speedglas was the lightest on the market at that time. I see you still have the125...that is my first go-to machine, as I do a lot of galvanized stuff.
    Arcin' and sparkin', Rocky D <><
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
    IF YOU CAN READ THIS, THANK A TEACHER...
    IF YOU'RE READING THIS IN ENGLISH, THANK A SOLDIER!

Comment

Working...
    X