Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noah's Arc
    replied
    My boss was telling me about this the other day! A firefighter invented it. He took it to those guys that do the infomercials. I guess it was a jaw dropping interview - he cut an egg in two without crushing the shell while in his hand! Evidently these guys got him (the inventor) hooked up and marketed it out to other manufacturers. I'll have to ask where it was that he read that article...

Leave a comment:

• Tom37
    replied
    Can anyone offer there input on, how does this cutter compare to a good grinder with a good quality cut off wheel. I can cut a pretty decent straight line with my metabo, but if this cutter moves alot faster then maybe a straight line could be harder to achieve. It looks like a pretty cool tool, but it would be nice to hear a little more input on the matter before buying one.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Craftsman still makes them for $109 on sale now.

Leave a comment:

• metalmeltr
    replied
    well i dobt he did because if i had sucsess in a tool though one comapany i would'nt be selling it on tv

Leave a comment:

• Zrexxer
    replied
    Originally posted by metalmeltr View Post
    The worst part is is that there is a guy an the infomerchials claiming that he invented it.
    Maybe he did. Somebody had to invent it. And it sure wasn't "Mr. Craftsman."

Leave a comment:

• metalmeltr
    replied
    now a company has made a simlar tool and is selling it on tv aparently craftsmans patent ran out. You can get a baseplate,laser guide,and a fence. It also has diamond blades. Not sure on a price but i would buy the craftsman one insted. The worst part is is that there is a guy an the infomerchials claiming that he invented it.

Leave a comment:

• txfireguy2003
    replied
    I'm a firefighter by profession, and one of my coworkers recently brought his in to demonstrate it to the chief. He was cutting angle iron, re-bar (the kind used to reinforce concrete) as well as some pretty thick steel plate. The chief ordered one for ever engine in the fleet so we can remove burglar bars when the need arrises. I haven't had an opportunity to try it for myself, but it looks like it worked pretty well....except lots of "shrapnel" flying off in every direction!

Leave a comment:

• Bridge Man
    replied
    Does this thing cut rubber?

Has anyone tried cutting rubber with this? Something like a 50 durometer shore A? Any other soft materials like rubber? Silicone? Does rubber gum up the blades?

Leave a comment:

• Silverback
    replied
    Has anyone tried cutting something like ½” steel with this thing, or would that be beyond it’s capacity? If it will do it, about how many in/minute do you think it could cut (I need something that could cut flanges, mostly in the 5x5” range out of 3/8” and ½” steel)? Anybody wear out a set of blades yet? Did someone say that they claim it will cut stainless?

Leave a comment:

• reedfish
    replied
    Guys,

I think I may have to go out and buy one of these creatures. I think it will compliment my "souped up band saw"!

Leave a comment:

• Zrexxer
    replied
    Re: seen sear saw

Originally posted by Jim
    I got a still ts 400 gas saw it cuts diamond plate 1/8" ok It will do much more it cost me $700 I save up 500 more bucks before I waste my money on that saw.
    That's well and good, but not everyone wants to pull-start a two-stroke gasoline 14 inch Quickie saw to zip off a piece of aluminum or copper in the field, both of which the abrasive saw does poorly, by the way. The Stihl's a great tool but I don't think it's a realistic comparison in this size and use bracket.

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    seen sear saw

I saw the saw at sears it got 5.8 amps. I got a still ts 400 gas saw it cuts diamond plate 1/8" ok It will do much more it cost me $700 I save up 500 more bucks before I waste my money on that saw. How long will it last???? Regards Jim

Leave a comment:

• DaVinci
    replied
    Originally posted by dda52
    That's my main concern, no base. Does it try to "eat " too fast or do the counter rotating blades compensate? I can think of a good many uses for it, I just don't want to drop a chunk of change down on another saw I have to fight.
    "eat too fast"...if you are asking whether the saw pulls you into the cut and is hard to control...

No, it does not try to take contol and pull on you. But, out of the box (unmodified), you may have difficulty getting a straight, clean cut because it removes material so quickly. Sort of like an angle grinder, any jitter or stray in your motion will show up as a jag in your work.

Leave a comment:

• DaVinci
    replied
    Originally posted by Brand X
    My friend dropped one off for me to play with. He uses his for window frame cut backs. A table or fence on the saw would make it impossible to do those type of jobs. It went right though .250 steel no problem,but it did fill my shoes up with lots of chips.
    I don't know if we're talking about the same thing (fence or base guide), but I'm thinking a removable guide that simply allows you to control the saw (straight and true cuts) when desired. When you want to do the window frames, you pop the guide off. I hope to rig one up if I can get ahold of an old broken circular saw.

Regards

Leave a comment:

• dda52
    replied
    That's my main concern, no base. Does it try to "eat " too fast or do the counter rotating blades compensate? I can think of a good many uses for it, I just don't want to drop a chunk of change down on another saw I have to fight.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X