L-TEC Welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L-TEC Welder

Can anyone tell me if they know anything about L_TEC welders? Ican't find any real good info on then. Company website & such.
    Rangerod

Power MIG 300, Prince Spool Gun, Precision TIG 275, MM 210, Dynasty 300 DX, Dynasty 200 DX, Ranger 8 Engine Drive, Victor O/A, Ready Welder 10000 ADP, Hypertherm Powermax 1000 Plasma Cutter, Bridgeport 4 HP Series II Manual Mill, Leblond 15" X 54" Regal Servo Shift Lathe & various other doodads...[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Re: L-TEC Welder

Originally posted by rangerod
    Can anyone tell me if they know anything about L_TEC welders? Ican't find any real good info on then. Company website & such.
    L-Tec was the new name for the Linde line manufactured by Union Carbide, after they folded due to the Bo-pahl incident, in India, where one of their tanks leaked and killed an entire town, is my recollection.

I'm sure someone can fill in the blanks, here. I lost track of L-Tec. one of the Hobart Experts will have info on them, I'm sure.

Comment

L-TEC Welder

Thanks Rocky D

How about quality? Is their equipment comprable to hobart, miller & lincoln stuff? Anyone?
      Rangerod

Power MIG 300, Prince Spool Gun, Precision TIG 275, MM 210, Dynasty 300 DX, Dynasty 200 DX, Ranger 8 Engine Drive, Victor O/A, Ready Welder 10000 ADP, Hypertherm Powermax 1000 Plasma Cutter, Bridgeport 4 HP Series II Manual Mill, Leblond 15" X 54" Regal Servo Shift Lathe & various other doodads...[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Comment

Thanks Rocky D

How about quality? Is their equipment comprable to hobart, miller & lincoln stuff? Anyone?
        It would be older, so they may not be as energy efficient as todays technology. I've used Linde for over twenty years and they made me a lot of money...L-Tec, well I had a small GTAW unt for a while, which I liked. I'm a Miller man, now, so I don't even look at anything else...But stick with the big three, you can't lose.

Comment

L-Tec

They merged into esab,some of there stuff is close to the esab.Like there migmaster 250-L-Tec 250 migmaster.I still like the migmaster the best of all 250 amp welders bar none.It still has copper windings,and spray arcs at half power.Its got all sorts of voltage.very stable low voltage arc.I use it with .023 wire with a 15 feet mig gun.

Comment

L-TEC Welder

Rocky D

When you say big three what would they be? Miller, Lincoln & Hobart?
            Rangerod

Comment

Rocky D

When you say big three what would they be? Miller, Lincoln & Hobart?
              Not necessarily in that order, but yeah, that's it. IMHO, Miller machines are for the professional...Hobart are or the home craftsman, and Lincoln, are for the professional who doesn't have a Miller dealer in town.

Comment

Nice jibe on Lincoln, (or is it linclown, where you come from?
                When I go on a new job and see that the G.C. has brand new rigs with shiney new blue welders on them, I shudder.
                Granted, there are some great new welding machines being made, but the machine doesn't made the weldor any better.
                I would rather work with a crew that has a well used pipeliner anyday.
                steelhanger

Comment

L-Tec is now ESAB owned

I learned to weld aluminun on an old L-Tec 251 I believe. I happened to see one at my local Holox dealer and asked why they were no longer made, He said they are, but they are Esab machines now. I have seen good and not so good equipment from Esab, but they are still a world leader in the welding world. Their trade show truck is equipped with some fine toys.
                  But I own a Miller Syncrowave 250 and a Lincoln 250 Power Mig at my home shop.

Comment

L-TEC Welder

Thanks for the info.

Merry Christmas to ALL.
                    Rangerod

Comment

Working...
                    X