Miller stick welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller stick welder

Was wondering what you guys thought of an older Miller Thunderbolt welder. My shop class teacher has it and wants to sell it to me. Its AC only, has the leads (about 10 ft long) and is 225 amp. Has the crank on top. Has some rust on it, he says theres approx 30 hours on it, However he wants 300 for it, and some welding buddys of mine said offer 75, thats all its worth. What do you guys think?
    Mike

You can buy a new one for around $300 to $350.
    Dave Evans

Comment

Not for sure about the miller, but that sounds WAY high for a used AC machine. You can buy a NEW lincoln ac buzz box all day for $230-260. $75 may be a little low, but it would depend on what it looks like and how it welds. Usually you can't tear those things up. I had a lincoln AC welder for 12 yrs and just sold it, the new ones look just like the old ones. If it was an AC/DC machine it might be a little closer to the $300 mark but that is still high in my opinion.

Comment

Mike,your friend is right.To me a used ac/dc makes more sense.

Comment

How much is this worth? I'm still considering it if the price is right
          Mike

Comment

As for what it is worth. Hard question without seeing it. I would guess 200 may be closer, but it depends on what YOU are willing to give for it. Me personally, if I was going to shell out anything over 200 I would either get a NEW lincoln AC or a used AC/DC machine from one of the big three. 220volt of course

Comment

Re: Miller stick welder

Originally posted by MikeC
              Was wondering what you guys thought of an older Miller Thunderbolt welder. My shop class teacher has it and wants to sell it to me. Its AC only, has the leads (about 10 ft long) and is 225 amp. Has the crank on top. Has some rust on it, he says theres approx 30 hours on it, However he wants 300 for it, and some welding buddys of mine said offer 75, thats all its worth. What do you guys think?
              Mike. Follow this link. Miller used to have a factory in Mexico. They still make the "old" Thunderbolts with the crank on top. Bet you the price is under 300 bucks.

http://www.comparc.com.mx

Regards,

Phil

Comment

THUNDERBOLT 225 A/C

The list price for the Thunderbolt 225 a/c in the year 1994 was $254.00 and the new list price is $303.00 and this is in U.S.A. .
                Thank You and have a Great Holiday.

Comment

Heck, for a 100 sheckles more than what he's asking for his used AC machine you can buy a nice Stickmate LX and get 235 amps AC and 180 amps DC. JIm
                  Jim Smith
                  US Navy (ret)
                  Certifiable Jack of all Trades

Comment

Working...
                  X