TR-250-HF TIG Welder Specs Needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TR-250-HF TIG Welder Specs Needed?

I'm looking into getting one of these welding machines used. Just need to know a little more information on it.

Can it do AC or just DC? Highfrequency? I would imagine the 250 stands for 250A? Duty Cycle?

I would imagine its TIG only... meaning it can't also dub as a stick welder?

Thanks for the information.

The TR250HF is both AC/DC tig and stick machine, rating is 200A at 60% / 250A at 40% duty cycle.

Note: The machine was a very reliable machine but parts are no longer avilable.
    DrIQ

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Approx how old is this machine? When you say parts are no long available... is that from Hobart directly? Are there universal style parts that could fix these units? I would hate to get a unit, have it break in a year, and cant get it fixed.

Comment

The first two/three digits of the serial number will give you the manufacture date on the gold colored equipment manufactured after 1976

78PSxxxxx = 1976
        192PSxxxx = 1st qtr 1992 etc.

The machine was discontinued in the mid 80's(??). I don't know of anyone that has parts for them. The purple guys (Thermal Arc) will have a foot control that will work on it but they don't have any manuals or info on them.
        DrIQ

Comment

I hate to wake up a dead thread but I have a TR-250-HF.
          I just had it repaired and serviced. It cost me $600 but it works like new. I could go down the list of parts replaced and/or repaired but I'll just say that they can definately be fixed. My controll board was fried and the HF board was bad. Also, the gas valve was bad. I do stick weld with it also and it does a fine job.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	missing parts.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	706218
            Recently, in my father's garage, his old welder H obart TR250 HF, with whom he built many of his projects, unfortunately a friend of him said he knew about these equipment to disassemble it for maintenance and lost some parts, I want to return to have it functional but I need help with images to know what I need, attached a diagram of what I am missing, and where I could get parts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lost  parts.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	706217
            Attached Files

Comment

Disassembled for maintenance?.... That's a new one...

Anyway welcome to the site...

Dale
              "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

You could repair the old assembly but you are not going to find a complete heat sink assembly any longer. The assembly has been unavailable for over 20 years. If you can find an old transistor heat sink unit for parts you should be able to repair it easily as most of the parts are off the shelf from Digikey. Just not the aluminum heat sink.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobart Expert Keith View Post
                  You could repair the old assembly but you are not going to find a complete heat sink assembly any longer. The assembly has been unavailable for over 20 years. If you can find an old transistor heat sink unit for parts you should be able to repair it easily as most of the parts are off the shelf from Digikey. Just not the aluminum heat sink.

I got a very similar heat sink from a frequency inverter, but I need the missing parts references.

Comment

Working...
                  X