Hobart Beta MIG 251 and 2510 are these the same

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobart Beta MIG 251 and 2510 are these the same

I'm looking for an owners manual and specifications for a Beta MIG 251, but the Hobart site only lists a Beta MIG 2510. No 251 model of any kind actually. Are these the same welder?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Not sure on that question, but are you sure that the 251 is a Hobart and not a Miller 251?
    Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

I could be wrong but my understanding is the Beta 2510 is the first welder after Miller took over the company. It is a copy of the Miller MIG 250. The Beta MIG 251 was before Miller. I own the Hobart Beta 2510 welder. The drive rolls and gun hook ups are Miller. I believe the Beta MIG251 is not Miller.
      Hobart beta-mig 2510 Mig welder
      Victor OA Welding/Cutting Rig
      Century 295 amp Stick welder bought 30+ years ago

Comment

The BM251 is pre Miller(ITW) and the 2510 was the first ITW BetaMIG. They are not the same and do take different guns as stated above. The 251 was a Piecemaker 20A or 25A the 2510 was a Miller M25.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobart Expert Keith View Post
          The BM251 is pre Miller(ITW) and the 2510 was the first ITW BetaMIG. They are not the same and do take different guns as stated above. The 251 was a Piecemaker 20A or 25A the 2510 was a Miller M25.
          So Keith is the Beta-MIG 2510 an old Millermatic 250 in a Hobart wrapper?
          MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
          Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

No. The unit were different in controls but consumables like guns and rollers were the same.

Comment

I didn't look up all the part numbers, but considering the MM 250 and the 2510 have the same part number for the transformer, stabilizer, and control board I was assuming they were basically the same unit in a different wrapper.
              MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
              Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Working...
              X