Old Victor cutting torch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Victor cutting torch

I was wondering if anybody could tell me the best way to clean up a old cutting torch. I'd like to shine it up and replace the seals. It was given to me by a friend at work and it use to belong to his dad who just passed away, so I think he would get a kick out of seeing it cleaned up and me using it. Thanks
    Steve W

Millermatic 211i
    Hypertherm Powermax 380
    Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC arc welder
    Lincoln AC 225 arc welder
    Victor O/A torch setup
    Gentec O/A torch setup

Victor is an exceptionally good torch. I believe they have an extensive warranty also, but I have never had a problem with mine so I am not certain about that. I would have my torches rebuilt by a professional. Most supply houses have one they contract with. It really is the best route to take. If you post the general area you are from, I can almost guarentee someone on this board will know of a supply house near you. I believe Victor also has an in house program for rebuilding torches. You can find them on the internet.
    Respectfully,
    Mike Sherman
    Shermans Welding

Comment

Thanks Mike. I talked to a guy I buy my supplies from and he said the same thing. They can send it off and it will come back looking like new. It's one of the big heavy duty ones. Thanks
      Steve W

Millermatic 211i
      Hypertherm Powermax 380
      Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC arc welder
      Lincoln AC 225 arc welder
      Victor O/A torch setup
      Gentec O/A torch setup

Comment

Dont make the same mistake as me. I bought
        an old Victor torch at an auction and spent several night cleaning it. Later on I talked with my local welding shop and for aprox. 50$
        they dip the torch in some cleaning solution replace seals and you will have a torch that has
        been checked and tested.

Comment

Working...
        X