miller HF251D-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miller HF251D-1

two of my miller hi-freq units are acting up. the gas post flow timer will not shut off. any clues how to troubleshoot this? can i test the timer and relay? or should i just be a "tube jockey" [just repace the parts till it works]. thanks, chip.
    chip

HI CHIP......IF THEY ARE UNDER WARRANTY GET THEM TO A REPAIR SHOP FOR SERVICE, IF NOW TAKE A LOOK AT THE TECHNICAL MANUAL FOR THE UNITS. THEY OFFER VERY DETAILED VOLTAGE CHECKS TO AID YOUR DIAGNOSIS......... NA YOU DON'T WANT TO BE A PART CHANGER GRAB A VOLT METER AND PRINT OUT THE TROUBLE SHOOTING CHART................I OWN ONE OF THESE UNITS AND THEY ARE NOT HARD TO WORK ON..........ARE BOTH DOING THE SAME THING.............?............ROCK

[email protected]

Comment

thanks for the reply Rock. yes, they are doing the same thing. it appears the relay is closed so the postflow timer doesn't shut off.
      which one is the cause and which one is the effect, i'm not sure yet.
      i had one serviced about a year ago by the local miller dealer, then put back in service. i wasn't teaching the course at the time and never got feedback from the instructor. now that i'm teaching the course i find the unit doesn't work and that another one has just failed with the same symptoms.
      i just have the owners manual[s] not the tech service manual. how do i go about getting one?
      thanks.
      regards,
      chip
      chip

Comment

CHIP......CALL ELLEN WILSON AT 920-735-4197 SHE CAN GET YOU THE MANUAL. iF I HAD ONE I'D FAX IT TO YOU BUT AM AT A DIFFERENT LOCATION CURRENTLY....................AS (FROM MEMORY) I RECALL IF THE RELAY NEVER OPENS UP THEN THE POINTS ARE WELDED SHUT OR THE TIMER IS NOT SHUTTING OFF......REGARDS................ROCK
        [email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X