Tubing notcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tubing notcher

Has anyone used one of the tubing notchers from harborfreight? Are they any good?
    ROCK

I have one and it is ok. I have already built one roll cage with it and it will do more. My one gripe with it is that the hole saw isnt centered and I had to shim the clamping part out. The threaded portion of the shaft also is not centered so I only get to use half of the teeth on each hole saw. It is ok for the money, but when I do a few more cars I will buy a good one.

Comment

Rock,
      I've got the "Jig-a-Joint" notcher from a company called Tubular Dynamics. I got it back in 1990 or so, it was the first hole saw notcher I remember seeing. If the company is still around I'd recommend it. If not take a look at the offerings by JD Squared. I bought one of their tubing benders and have been happy with it. I've heard good things about the notcher on some of the off-road boards I read.
      You get what you pay for. (Ok, now I sound like like my dad.)
      Mike

Comment

Re: Tubing notcher

Originally posted by R. Nelson
        Has anyone used one of the tubing notchers from harborfreight? Are they any good?
        Thanks guys for the info, harbor has it on sale for 39 bucks, figure I'll give it a try, I mainly want it to build tree stands.
        ROCK

Comment

it should work, you may have to "fix" it, you may not. Mines done ok

Comment

Working...
          X