Miller Combo welder- again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Combo welder- again

I found out a little about this Miller welder I asked about a few weeks ago. It is a Miller DialArc HF, Model number 901782. Unfortunately I did not get the serial number.

I know absolutely zero about this welder. Does anyone have any info on this welder, like what all it can do? And if it is worth anything? It suposedly has everything I will need to get it going, Mig cables, Tig cables, electrodes, shielding gas bottle, ...
    I didn't get the best look at it because it was behind a bunch of stuff in this guys shed, but it did look very clean and well taken care of.

Any info would be appreciated.

Brad

Hi Brad,

I don't know if I can be of much help but I did find a manual on miller site for the DialArc HF, appears to have the Aug. of 1993 date on it. The manual was not Model Specific. It appears to be for SMAW (stick) and GTAW (tig) welding only. It has a CC (constant current) AC/DC Welding Power Source.
    Mig welding "GMAW" uses CV (constant voltage). My GMAW manual says that CC type welding machines can be used for GMAW, but it requires a voltage-sensing wire feeder and delivers a spray or globular transfer.
    You can check out the DialArc HF manual at:

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/0300/o315u_mil.pdf

I just glanced through it, and didn't see anything about mig welding in it. But I only glanced, didn't read a whole lot.

Hope this helps, Have a Nice Day.

H'Rat
    Gary

If I Can't Fix It! It Must Not Be Broken.
    http://www.garysgarage.net

Comment

BRAD34........SORRY MAN I'VE BEEN ON VACATION........THE DIAL ARC IS STICK AND TIG..........HOWEVER YOU CAN MIG WELD WITH IT BY USEING A VOLTAGE SENSING FEEDER............. JUST DON'T FOR GET TO TURN THE HF OFF OR IT WILL ERODE AND DESTROY YOUR PC BOARDS IN THE FEEDER...........THE SERIAL NUMBER IS THE KEY, AND THE MANUAL IS STILL AVAILABLE THRU MILLER ELECTRIC...........NOMINAL CHARGE OF $15.00 USA FUNDS...........ROCK..............
      [email protected]

Comment

Yes, I remember now the guy said it comes with everything I need except the feeder assembly for Mig welding.

Here's the whole story: This guy (Jim) has never actually used it. His father-in-law was a retired welding instructor and came accross a deal on this welder. He told Jim to buy it and he would teach him how to weld. Well, the father-in-law passed away suddenly and never got to teach Jim. Jim doesn't have the technical knowledge or desire to learn on his own so he just wants to get rid of it.

All he wants for it $400 (he'd probably take $300). To me that sounds like a steal !?! Am I right? What would this thing normally go for? I will get the serial number when I can.

In the mean time I will read the manual on this thing and learn about it.

Later
        Brad

Comment

BRAD34......AH MAN ON THIS ONE YOU GOT ME.......I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT GOES FOR OR WHAT IT WENT FOR WHEN IT WAS SOLD. I CAN TELL YOU THE DIAL ARC IS STILL IN THE 2002 CATALOGUE AND IS STILL BEING SOLD.......... WE'VE MADE THAT MACHINE FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOW...............HEY THE PRICE, LOOKS LIKE A DEAL IS UP TO YOU IT'S YOU MONEY........WE ALL WORK HARD FOR IT....................READ EVERYTHNING YOU CAN LAY OYOU HANDS ON ABOUT IT............BE SAFE..................ROCK
          [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X