PLASMA CUTTER ?'s Miller/Hypetherm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLASMA CUTTER ?'s Miller/Hypetherm

Iam looking at plasma cutters, and was looking at the Hyperthem 190, or the Miller Spectrum® Thunder. Are these the same units, just different color?

Thanks in advance.
    Thanks
    Gary Wolboldt

Plasma cutter

GWOL, I got some very good opinions on these two cutters about a week ago on this forum. Just go back a few and they should be there. I'am in the same boat, so I been comparing too.
    Hope this helps a little, Stevew
    Steve W

Millermatic 211i
    Hypertherm Powermax 380
    Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC arc welder
    Lincoln AC 225 arc welder
    Victor O/A torch setup
    Gentec O/A torch setup

Comment

Steve, I went back and noticed the posting from about a week ago. Thanks for the heads up. Iam still thinking about getting the HyperTherm 190c even with the limitations with the medal thicknesses. I think this would be a good compination with the HH135 I have and will be very portable, and not needing a external air supply will be nice.
      Thanks
      Gary Wolboldt

Comment

hey, anybody interested in a hypertherm 350, like new,I doubt if I have 10 hours on it. Im going to get the big one-1250- next summer. I want $800+shipping for it and thats probably a $500 saving. I work mostly with the 1/4" to 3/4" and its a little slow for that. Hypertherm and thermal Dynamics have been making cutters for quite some time and I think Miller uses some of their parts.

Comment

Fred,

I might be interested in the 350, do you have any info on this unit, or pic's. I know the net unit is the 380, and not sure of the differences. Were are you located, and how much do you think the shipping would be?
          Thanks
          Gary Wolboldt

Comment

I'm located in Alaska, I can ship by us post office, ups,or alaska air.
            the 350 is the older version of the 380 I don't think threre is much difference though. I think it weighs about 30-40 lbs. I;ll look at the hypertherm web site to double check.

Comment

OK ONE QUESTION DIDN'T GET ANSWERED.............. NO THE TWO CUTTERS ARE NOT THE SAME. WE DON'T MAKE EACH OTHER'S CUTTERS.............HEY THEYRE COMPETITION...........ROCK
              [email protected]

Comment

scott,
                if you look at my post i didn't say they were the same but that some of the parts may be. i was thinking of the hand torch but maybe that was a lincoln plasma cutter. these companys jump in and out of bed together so much that you don't know who's sleeping with who and in any case who cares so long as the consumer gets a good product. i have both a lincoln and a miller welder and like them both. my only problem with the plasma cutter is capacity(thickness of cut)it slows down with thicker material and i want it to work like cutting through butter. it does on up to 3/16 but,i seem to cut a lot of thicker stuff. oh and by the way there doesn't seem to be any diference between the 350 and 380, looks the same,has the same amperage,etc. they probably are using their salesman to come up with a new number to bulls__t people. it happens.

Comment

Fred,

Thanks for the info on the 350. I decided to go with the 190c, and picked it up today. I works great, did 3/8 inch and it worked fine. I when through 1/4" and 1/8" like butter. I decieded to go with the 190c as a compainion for my hh135. Sample capacities for metal thinkness, and liked the fact that it has its own internal air compresser. Thanks for the heads up on you 350.
                  Thanks
                  Gary Wolboldt

Comment

Working...
                  X