flux-cored wire cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flux-cored wire cheap

Hey fellow welders, I've a realy good deal on .035 (10lb) rolls flux core.harbor freight tools item #44876-0CNA for 29.99 a roll. This is the best price I've been able to find on the wire.

How well does this wire run for you?
    work safe, always wear your safety glasses.

Edward Heimbach

Comment

The harbor freight wire is a bit on the rough side. I bought it and have had trouble with it. I finally figured out most of the problems, but took me about 6 pounds to do it. First and foremost you cannot do vertical down welding with it. At least not with any regularity. You also need to run a bit more stickout than you might think. I get decent results with about 1/2" to 5/8" any less and you will get porosity. You will probably be able to make it work but you will need to tweek it and fine tune your welder. I bought two rolls of the 10lb spool, with any luck the next one will not give me as many problems.
      Mark

Comment

Just as I suspected, good stuff isn't cheap, and most cheap stuff isn't good. I use products from Esab, Hobart, and Lincoln for the most part, I find that it pays to purchase name brand supplies.
        work safe, always wear your safety glasses.

Edward Heimbach

Comment

Working...
        X