Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box Store vs Welding Supply Store

Rock:
    I am new to this board. Have been reading posts about buying but have not found an answer the following. Are the Hobart machines purchased at a box store the same as purchased from a welding supply store (quality)?
    PJ

Re: Box Store vs Welding Supply Store

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pajoube
    Rock:
    I am new to this board. Have been reading posts about buying but have not found an answer the following. Are the Hobart machines purchased at a box store the same as purchased from a welding supply store (quality)?
    PJ
    [/QUOTE

I got my HH135 at a welding supply store and the help, suggections and all the help they provide is worth the little bit more I paid. They even setup the machine with wire and all I had to do when I got home was plug it in.

I know sometimes they may charge alittle more, but on a purchase like this, I perfer to support the local stores. They have been a great help.

As far as being the same units, I would have to believe that they would be.
    Thanks
    Gary Wolboldt

Comment

PAJOUBE......... ABSOLUTELY THE SAME MACHINE, GOING DOWN THE SAME LINE TO THE WELDING DISTRIBUTORS OR TO THE CATALOGUE PEOPLE THEY ARE THE SAME. IF YOU SEE THE MACHINE AT SEARS & ROEBUCK IT IS THE SAME MACHINE YOU WILL SEE AT THE WELDING DISTRIBUTOR THAT WENT DOWN THE SAME LINE.......QUALITY AND CRAFTSMANSHIP ARE ONE AND THE SAME..................GOOD QUESTION............WELCOME TO THE SIGHT............ROCK
      [email protected]

Comment

Welding supply store versus catalog stores

I am a shopper and always look for the best deal. In my experiences I find the best price available, take it to my local welding supply store (national welders) and they beat it. Plus they offer a trade up program if you want to go to a bigger welder. There advertised price is always higher but they always come through.

Comment

Re: Box Store vs Welding Supply Store

Originally posted by pajoube
          Rock:
          PJ
          I am with gwol, I think the little extra at the welding sopply is worth it, since I bought my HH175, the guys at the welding supply store are more than willing to chat about tips etc. I went in last Friday to get my tank filled and they did not even charge me, and I figure if I do have a problem with my welder, they can probably help. From what I have heard about Hobart, it probably would not be a problem, but, for an investment such as this I would go to the people that knows welders.
          ROCK

Comment

Local outlet of welding supply chain that sold my welder for good but not great price had high gas prices regardless. They have vanished. Might deal with their replacment another large supplier. Will probably use small independent dealer which might be further away but hungry for customers, frendly and great prices.

Shop around and find that small sales are still important to some.

Comment

Thanks for all your comments a suggestions. My thoughts are to go with the welding supply store. The big box stores do not answer the questions.
              At this point I plan on going with a 175 mig welder, and probably the Cutmaster 38 plasma cutter.
              PJ

Comment

Working...
              X